• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Programs

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Are you a business or just an at home decal maker? If a business, you do know you can charge money on your jobs to offset the cost, ANY cost, of producing your product? Therefore, free or little cost software shouldn't be a consideration, if you want something productive and dependable.

jimdtg

FlexiSIGN is great! Another is Signlab and depend what cutter you're having there that must support it in software.

WildWestDesigns

Therefore, free or little cost software shouldn't be a consideration, if you want something productive and dependable.

Cost (be it zero all the way up to astronomical) isn't always an indicator of quality (and I'm lumping productive and dependable in that as well). A lot of people like to go by, "you get what you pay for". But it isn't always the case. I think what most people like is that "support" to fall back on versus having to troubleshoot things them self. Even then, all software has the same EULA, the end customer is getting it "as is".

Personally, I would put cost as the second level consideration. First have to consider what software will do the job that you need it to do and that means all the features that you are aware of that it would need. Then from there, look at your prices. OP might be surprised that what they need may actually keep them out of the low price tier anyway depending on a few considerations and what they are willing to do manual (or automate themselves later on).