• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project bids and disclosure

SignProPlus-Chip

Please someone correct me if I am wrong.

I was under the impression that when bidding on a job, and after the bid was awarded, you have a right to see all of the bids that were submitted...for you know, transparency.

I have never had anyone refuse this information to me until today, so I am curious as to other peoples experience with situations like this.

The bid is for a property management company in the local area.

Z SIGNS

opra does not apply to private industry.
Private industry does not have to show you anything they don't want to

visual800

in Younger years this ate me up! Now at 48 if I don't get something I'm cool with it. It does not matter what others charge. you are worth what you are and you should not allow others to make you stray from that

SignProPlus-Chip

Not so much about price. More about wanting to make sure it was an apples to apples comparison and the cheaper guy was using quality materials.

Small town, you know how these things go. ;)

in Younger years this ate me up! Now at 48 if I don't get something I'm cool with it. It does not matter what others charge. you are worth what you are and you should not allow others to make you stray from that

Color Spot North

I could be mistaken, but it will say during the bid process or on the bid package if it is the type of bid that is transparent. The name eludes me at the moment, but there is an actual name for that type of bidding.
As others mentioned it is ultimately up to the company, but generally speaking larger companies like banks and so forth usually verbally tell you or at least say, hay you were a couple dollars off.

I would also be curious, did you have an open conference call for this bid where the vendors bidding could ask questions and so forth? When bids are generally transparent there is usually a conference call to allow everyone to be bidding apples to apples.

Just my two cents...