• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project from Yesterday

WildWestDesigns

This one was a personal project. Thinking I'll do another one, it'll probable have some small changes to it though, for one of my giveaways that I do on FB.

Cardinal design is one of mine that I had original sketched a couple of weeks ago.

The runner itself was made here, it was not a pre-made runner. So no thread tails or stabilizer showing on the bottom of this runner. Done in two hoopings. Roughly 6x6 design with ~22k stitches each, so not that bad stitch count wise.

Attachments

• Cardinal Runner 1.png
    Cardinal Runner 1.png
    654.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Cardinal Runner 2.png
    Cardinal Runner 2.png
    704.8 KB · Views: 145

WildWestDesigns

Thanks for the kind words Marlene.

The two metallic threads are lost somewhat in the picture. Mainly due to the flash.

The poinsettia and cardinal fabric that I used for the ends were outline in gold which made me think to use that for the border on this design. I had original used black the first time I used this for kitchen towels.

I also used a metallic pewter thread blended in the white for the snow to give it a little more sheen to it. I think the flash really got that one. You can see a little bit of it on the bottom right section of the last area of snow though. Unfortunately, that's about the only section I can clearly see it in this picture.

Marlene

Thanks for the kind words Marlene.

The two metallic threads are lost somewhat in the picture. Mainly due to the flash.

The poinsettia and cardinal fabric that I used for the ends were outline in gold which made me think to use that for the border on this design. I had original used black the first time I used this for kitchen towels.

I also used a metallic pewter thread blended in the white for the snow to give it a little more sheen to it. I think the flash really got that one. You can see a little bit of it on the bottom right section of the last area of snow though. Unfortunately, that's about the only section I can clearly see it in this picture.

just enough sparkle to give it life love the idea of the pewter in with the white. so hard to show stuff like this in a photo.

WildWestDesigns

just enough sparkle to give it life love the idea of the pewter in with the white. so hard to show stuff like this in a photo.

Very much so. This is about the only way until I can get a better picture of it. Just imagine the light blue in the simulated proof is actually the metallic thread. Give you an idea about how it was blended anyway. My original intent was doing the light blue, but swapped it to metallic after I saw the test stitch out.

Attachments

• Cardinal.PNG
    Cardinal.PNG
    502.5 KB · Views: 165

Suz

Evan,

Great job on this design! Creative use of the metallic thread. I agree with Marlene, the metallic threads are a nice touch! I do like the fact that you finished the piece in such a way that the tails of the threads do not show on the back of the piece too. Did you use the same fabric for the back of the piece? Evan, do you sew clothing too? I bet you can do anything!

Great work! Thanks for sharing, you are very talented and it is a pleasure to see that you have a passion for the work.
Suz

WildWestDesigns

Evan,

Great job on this design! Creative use of the metallic thread. I agree with Marlene, the metallic threads are a nice touch!

Thank you. I just wish the effect showed up better in the pictures, it is a neat subtle effect. Only tedious thing about it was manually placing each stitch for the metallic thread (had to do that some with the border thread as well around the feet, holly, bow etc).

I do like the fact that you finished the piece in such a way that the tails of the threads do not show on the back of the piece too. Did you use the same fabric for the back of the piece?

It's just two pieces. The center piece that has the embroidery and then the border piece on the front extend to the back. I've attached the back of the one that I used for the facebook contest. This one is different then the original one pictured. The contest one had tassels, the others (I made 3 in total) did not.

Evan, do you sew clothing too? I bet you can do anything!

I can, but I try to avoid that, at least for the public. If there is a piece that is better to sew on the flat and then build it up (most of the time it's envelope style pillowcases), that's when I'll build it from sketch. A long time ago, I did that for a hat as well so that way I can have embroidery on the bill.

Great work! Thanks for sharing, you are very talented and it is a pleasure to see that you have a passion for the work.
Suz

Thanks for the kind words.

Attachments

• Winter Contest 4.png
    Winter Contest 4.png
    578.3 KB · Views: 136

Suz

Evan,
You are so welcome! Those positive comments are well deserved, really. I do appreciate the other embroidery people out there who are willing to share. You do that freely!
Have a wonderful day!
Suz

Thanks for the kind words.[/QUOTE]