• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project Tracker App?? Anyone??

Sign_Boy

Is anyone here using an app to keep track of their projects?
If so does it link to a PC?

Any info would be great.
Thanks

Jim Doggett

Is anyone here using an app to keep track of their projects?
If so does it link to a PC?

Any info would be great.
Thanks

I use Microsoft Project. But cheaper alternatives may be online. Try googling "project management software service free" :^)

Sign_Boy

I use Microsoft Project. But cheaper alternatives may be online. Try googling "project management software service free" :^)

Thanks Jim -
I did a search, but couldn't find what I was looking for (see below).
Basically I'm looking to either replace or supplement my current method (note pad & dry erase board) I do use work orders but it's nice to have all my job info in one place.
It doesn't have to be too in-depth, just something that I can keep track of my jobs and what stage they are in: estimate -> approval -> design and so on. Like a higher end to do list on the PC and my phone.

I found this:

http://bridworks.com/anote/en/iphone/features/index.php

But I'd rather try to find something that syncs with my PC and not something like Google Docs or Evernote

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like progress and modern technology as much as the next guy, but for smaller shops and even the big ones years ago.... it was all done by hand in a tablet or on a spread sheet.
It seems the more times or places you have to input data... the more chance for errors.​
However, if you find something that's easy, please post it up. I'll be very interested.

We're actually changing our system around and so far it's working pretty good for us. It's all done in QuickBooks.

It becomes a chore for smaller jobs, but it's sweet for larger projects. The better you input your information, the cleaner and easier it works along the projects route to being finished. Also, everyone can know what's going on at any given point. We go from the quote to several work orders in between and then finally to the invoice transmittal sheets. A color copy.... or whatever is needed, accompanies the work order for the most part.

Sign_Boy

It's not an "app" per-se, but SignTracker online is a really good product.

Gary -
I like what they have going on there, but I'm a small shop and wouldn't use many of those features. Thanks for the heads up.

I like progress and modern technology as much as the next guy, but for smaller shops and even the big ones years ago.... it was all done by hand in a tablet or on a spread sheet.

It seems the more times or places you have to input data... the more chance for errors.

However, if you find something that's easy, please post it up. I'll be very interested.

We're actually changing our system around and so far it's working pretty good for us. It's all done in QuickBooks.

It becomes a chore for smaller jobs, but it's sweet for larger projects. The better you input your information, the cleaner and easier it works along the projects route to being finished. Also, everyone can know what's going on at any given point. We go from the quote to several work orders in between and then finally to the invoice transmittal sheets. A color copy.... or whatever is needed, accompanies the work order for the most part.

Gino -
I agree, the more times or places you have to input data the more chance for errors.
I've used a notebook and dry erase board for many years it works well, but by the end of the week or even day my notebook is a mess.
Checkmarks - highlighted areas - underlines - crossed out and so on...
I'm looking for a SIMPLE way to streamline (track) my jobs.
It would be great to have access to my to-do list and know what stage I'm in wherever I may be.

If I do find something I'll be sure to post it here.

Colorado -

Mine is kind of small -

I know TWSS :ROFLMAO:

They are nice to use but it's kind of hard to take with you.

genericname

I just started trying out OnTheJob for the Android platform. Seems decent enough, though I haven't really gotten into the nuts and bolts of it, so I don't know how robust it is, or if it syncs with PC content.

You could try Springpad, which does do syncing, I believe. It's also pretty good for categorization, and allows you to input just about any kind of content in any category; to-do's, notes, audio recordings, lists, barcode scans, etc.

Sign_Boy

As far as a To-Do app, Wunderlist's finally getting me organized.

Wunderlist looks like it may work.
I'm just not crazy about having to link it off site, but that's just me.
Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=zrdDUPpGV4U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knsc72fHmSc

I just started trying out OnTheJob for the Android platform. Seems decent enough, though I haven't really gotten into the nuts and bolts of it, so I don't know how robust it is, or if it syncs with PC content.

You could try Springpad, which does do syncing, I believe. It's also pretty good for categorization, and allows you to input just about any kind of content in any category; to-do's, notes, audio recordings, lists, barcode scans, etc.

OnTheJob & Springpad both looked cool, but more features than I'm looking for.
Thank you

Sign_Boy

I decided to give Wunderlist a whirl.
So far I like it.
It was a breeze to set up.
I haven't used any of the push notifications or e-mail options yet so I'm not sure how well they work. I'll update this once I use them.

Gino - this may be worth looking into.
It's simple to use and you can name your own categories which I like.
You can also share the list with others if you want.

Thanks for the heads up mikey-Oh & signswi:thumb:

Terremoto

I saw somebody mention SignVox the other day so I checked it out. Sounds interesting but couldn't find a demo or anything.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Sign Tracker

Hello Sign Folks,

Joe here, from Sign Tracker. Our goal is to create a very simple to use system for sign shops that help with the following:

Keep track of all customers.
Keep track of all jobs, including stages and tasks.
Create simple and nice looking quotes.
Store all your job files.

....all on the web so you can access it anywhere.

I encourage you to give it a try and please call if you have any questions.

Joe
866-925-5527
joe@sign-tracker.com
www.sign-tracker.com

LarryB

I saw somebody mention SignVox the other day so I checked it out. Sounds interesting but couldn't find a demo or anything.

I've been using SignVox now for 2 months and love it. There is a job board which shows all of your jobs and where they are at and you can do all of this from your iphone, ipad or computer.

There is online proofing and you can see whenever you customer views the proof. The customer can make comments directly on the proof and it comes back to the artist and anyone else you want.

I like this the most because after a busy day I can sit in my recliner watching tv, looking at my Ipad and go through the day's results. I can invoice customers, resend customer proofs and do quick quotes. It has made me more productive.

Another great feature is I have all of my pricing set up so entering quotes and orders go quick.

Overall I am very satisfied with SignVox.

Kevin-shopVOX

I've been using SignVox now for 2 months and love it. There is a job board which shows all of your jobs and where they are at and you can do all of this from your iphone, ipad or computer.

There is online proofing and you can see whenever you customer views the proof. The customer can make comments directly on the proof and it comes back to the artist and anyone else you want.

I like this the most because after a busy day I can sit in my recliner watching tv, looking at my Ipad and go through the day's results. I can invoice customers, resend customer proofs and do quick quotes. It has made me more productive.

Another great feature is I have all of my pricing set up so entering quotes and orders go quick.

Overall I am very satisfied with SignVox.

Glad you are loving it! The VOX ROX!

SignVOX is the real deal. Everything you want in one POS. Job tracking, online proofing with customer approval/interaction, Google Maps, mobile app, vehicle wrap pricing plugin, easy to use interface and much more.

If you have ever considered a sign management software or are serious about adding one let me know. I'm the guy that can get you a demo. We have quite a few Signs101 members on it who really like it.

Thanks for the Kudos LarryB.

Sign_Boy

UPDATE on Wunderlist:

So far so good.
This app is simple & easy to use.

Create a task list something like estimates - estimates pending - approved - design and so on
Once you have your lists set up you can enter your tasks to the appropriate list.

For example: If you have to quote something add it to you estimate list.
Once this task is done move it to your estimate pending list once it's approved move it to you approved list, once you get some $$$ move it to the design list and so on until the job is done.

You can set up push notification and or e-mail notifications as a reminder this is a great feature.

You can also print your task lists if you want to keep a hard copy.

If you are looking for a simple task manager that's easy to use give it a shot.
I give it a great big :thumb:

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Happy Sign Tracker Customer!

Joe,

We can’t begin to thank you for all of the profit opportunities you have allowed our company. The SignTracker software has saved us time and money by freeing up our sales reps from doing all the estimates. We currently have Throughbred, but do not use it because it is archaic and not user-friendly. We had tried Estimate, but found there to be a large number of inconsistencies in the pricing. And Cyrious is just too expensive, as well as limits the number of quotes we can do in a month. Believe me when I say, you are exactly what we have been looking for!

SignTracker incorporates well with the CRM we are currently using and your support staff has been nothing but wonderful in getting us set up immediately. The one-on-one training, as well as customer feedback for improvements is invaluable. Vital Signs Display Graphics appreciates the constant improvements and customer service you provide. SignTracker is exactly the type of software this industry needs.

From a management standpoint, we are able to view and track all jobs, therefore increasing proficiency. From a sales standpoint, we are able to see all open bids and follow up efficiently to close more business. From a billing standpoint, we are no longer missing or forgetting to invoice customers. Last month alone, we had one of the biggest sales months in the company’s history… and I attribute much of it to the SignTracker!

Thanks again, we love being a part of the SignTracker Family

Kim Howell
VP Sales & Marketing
Vital Signs & Graphics
Des Moines, IA

Start you free trial today: sign-tracker.com