• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Projects make them stop!

BROWNDOG

my names ed and i have an addiction.
i cant stop picking up projects, i realized it today when i couldn't do a job becuase every where i looked i had my own project going on, so i went to CL to see what other bargins i could find!
was wondering what projects you guys got going on, cars, boats, gadgets, etc?

Mosh

Farming is my project right now, oh and running the shop. I am doing some work to our planter getting ready for spring. This is going to be our second year using the new GPS streering system. Basicly I get in the tractor and it drives itself (except turning at the end of a row) Should allow for more timeto enjoy a beer. 800 plus acres takes a while to plant, we just added some ground this fall.

Patrick46

My name is Patrick, and I too am a "Project-Aholic"

Let's see...besides trying to run my business...

I'm building a 'large scale' hot-rod, based on a 1-ton Chevy chassis, with a 1953 Peterbilt cab mounted on it. (This monster is taking over my shop!!! :omg:) It has a 5" roof chop, with a 10" channel over the chassis. It has the 454 in it, and it has a bed from a '50 Chevy pick-up on it, and I have a sleeper on it too. It'll have a propane tank mounted inside the bed, that is pulmbed through the stacks....for flamethrowers!
The chassis is done, the sleeper is done, the cab's framework is done, and next week it should have the skins back on. Then I can paint it and remount it on the chassis. Plumb it, wire it, and it should be driveable. Then I gotta finish the interior, the hood and front fenders.

OK, once that thing is outta my shop...I can finish the chopper I've been piecing together for the last couple of years. It's about 90% complete. I'm down to painting it and assembling my engine. So actually, if I had a clear month of evenings...it'd be done! (and it's gonna be a badass too!!!)

And...ONCE THOSE ARE DONE..........I'm going to build another teardrop trailer for us...once I finish remodeling the kitchen, and building our backyard patio and fireplace, and maybe buying and remodeling a new shop fer the biz, and............

OK, OK...I do admit I have a major habit here...but I don't watch much TV, I don't sit at the bars, and I feel good and productive when I do finish something. (I actually have finished many of my projects throughout the years. and I do build cool stuff!) :rock-n-roll:

WB

I'm Rebuilding an old Stihl 028 Super Chain saw. then after that I have a Husky 165 Thinning saw that needs some TLC..

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I've been trying to figure out how to turn pee into gasoline.

I would be a multi-billionaire if I could figure that one out.​

jiarby

got a new 4x8 "squarefoot garden" (google it)
thinking of making a flamey style screen printing rig.

TheSnowman

I have an unhealthy obsession with motor sports in the sand. I go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes several times a year, and when it's closed in the off season, I start going crazy. Got the first one booked for opening weekend in April. ONLY 36 DAYS!

Si Allen

This morning my wife asked what I was going to do today....I said "Nothing!"

She said "That's what you did yesterday!"

I said "I wasn't finished!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

signgal

You people have time for projects? I guess I'm doing something wrong then. I barely have time to get in a weekly kickboxing class and to clean my bathroom!

kstompaint

Patrick46... Please post pics of said project truck (and maybe the chop too)!

The last couple projects that I finished are a 64 Impala SS and 1944 HD knucklehead based chop. I'm working on finishing the basement at the house, I have phase one complete (wood stove on raised hearth and stacked stone wall).

Next is my 65 Buick and hopefully finishing the paint job on my Sportster that I started 8 years ago... wow, it has really been that long.

Did I mention I'm looking at a new shop this week? Lots goin' on.

Attachments

• Impala_Front.JPG
    Impala_Front.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 65 Riviera.jpg
    65 Riviera.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 65 Riviera Front.jpg
    65 Riviera Front.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 84
  • wood stove.jpg
    wood stove.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 79

BROWNDOG

You people have time for projects? I guess I'm doing something wrong then. I barely have time to get in a weekly kickboxing class and to clean my bathroom!
never said anything about time to do them, they're just taking up space, and sleep..
69 xlch (sportster) 3 yrs, home stretch
79 classic mako boat totally gutted: 2 yrs atleast 1 left
88 suzuki sammi: just started
just finished moving shop
seasonal business no one else could make work: whos counting
aside from my regular hobbies, hunting, fishing and going to the beach.

Patrick46

Kstompaint...are you on the JJ board as well??

First...love the '64 Chev & the Rivera...(dig those hidden headlights)...and that knuck is awesome!!!
It looks like we work in the exact same parallel shops! I went to your website, and you do the same typea work I do.

I thought I had some pics of my Peterbilt project, but need to upload some.

here's my hybred evo/twincam project...
p1000292.jpg

it already looks different from this pic though.

I'm thinking of having the license plate read: E-BAY 96, as 80% of this bike was bought over the net.

JESSE WALKER

farming is my project right now, oh and running the shop. I am doing some work to our planter getting ready for spring. This is going to be our second year using the new gps streering system. Basicly i get in the tractor and it drives itself (except turning at the end of a row) should allow for more timeto enjoy a beer. 800 plus acres takes a while to plant, we just added some ground this fall.

that is awesome!

btropical.com

I am working on finishing the interior of my 60 mga coupe , i also am working on my saab sonnet for the grassrotts motorsports challenge this october . We just crushed 100 cars and I am moving cars from shop to salvage yard . I have the carberateur off my 1974 triumph stag rebuilding it www.fastpitstops.com