• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Promo Plus

Promo Plus

Need help with working with older Mamaki J CG-60 SR -- looking for a fix for fine cut plug in or a cutting software plug to allow me to work from a pc with Adobe Illustrator CS 5.5. I have fine cut 7 for Illustrator, however I have not been able to install this into CS 5.5 Illustrator. The company I purchased this equipment from has been sold 2 or 3 times and we have been lost in the shuffle. Does anybody have a cost effective work around to this issue? Thanks!

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
So I believe I have the right file attached. Unzip and drop the folder into your Illustrator Plug-ins. It has been a while since I had to do it, but I believe that is all you need to do.

Attachments

• CutPlot2378.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 51

Promo Plus

So I believe I have the right file attached. Unzip and drop the folder into your Illustrator Plug-ins. It has been a while since I had to do it, but I believe that is all you need to do.
Adam:

Thanks! I have it downloaded and placed into the plugin folder in Adobe Illustrator. Now I have to move the machines around to see if I can get this to work or if I missed a step. Time will tell! Thank you! I will let you know how I come out. Lona

Promo Plus

Have everything set up and I cannot open up Ilustrator CS5.1 after I installed the plug in in the general plug in folder. I removed the plug in and I could then open up Illustrator. Does this plug in go into the extension folder? Is there a different plug in?
Thank you for assisting!
Lona

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
So, I checked, and that might be the wrong one. Was able to find a link, just find which OS you are using and you can download the link direct from Mimaki. Most of them are Upgrades from Previous versions of Fine Cut, but looks like there is a trial version available for 60 days.

If you have Finecut 7, from what I have seen you should be able to just download the upgrade version, and put your serial number from 7 to activate 8.

Here is the link for Windows OS Trial Version. Only good for 60 days

Also yes, you should be able to just drop in the folder into your general plug-ins. I mostly use Cutting Master, so mine may work differently.