Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promoting floor graphics?

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by geckophoto, Apr 9, 2020.

1. geckophoto

geckophoto Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Ft. Myers
    With all the retailers and other businesses putting their own duct tape and other types of distance markers on their floors has anyone tried to approach them about doing professional floor graphics? And maybe the liability side of it if a customer slips and falls because of their home made graphics vs what we can do with non slip professional materials? Just wondering if you are having success with selling the idea/product.....

I don’t do it yet but thinking it may be a good time to buy some materials and try.

Tags:
  2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    We've been doing a bit, more inquiries are coming in. A shop in our network is doing rolls of floor graphics for grocery stores.

Ease of application is key, they mostly want to apply it themselves.

3. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Helps a lot if you can tell them the slip rating I’ve found. Our sales went up when we mentioned the R12 slip rating of that helps. Peace of mind I guess

4. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

• Like Like x 2
  5. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    All of our floor graphics are Non Slip rated. We wouldn't sell any without being rated for that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can’t imagine anyone sells floor graphics that aren’t anti slip! I’ve found the actual slip rating gives customers peace of mind. Not sure if that’s a UK thing or not.

7. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    I have seen it and been asked about it. Sometimes you need to ask the client....what are you using this for??? They don't realize that in ALL cases, its important to be slip resistant. The Cheapest solution is NOT always the right one.

8. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Sounds more like the cheapest solution usually ends up in a lawsuit

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FireSprint.com

FireSprint.com Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Not all floor graphics are non-slip rated, but don't assume the cheapest ones are not. Kroger just purchased well over a millionsqft of floor graphics (not from us). They didn't pay a "Premium" price. Just do your homework, and present your manufacturer's certifications to your customer transparently.