• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Proof approved software

Chuck7772

silverback
I am a small business just expanding this year from die-cut decals only, to now printing and also doing banners and table throws. what way do you have your customers approve proofs? Looking for something that if they approve the artwork they know they approved the spelling and grammar and design is to there liking. Some type of software where I can send a link or a can email the file they approve or deny the design and note what they want. I am tired of 50 emails. Thank you in advance.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I used Docusign.com. We had a PDF approval template and it was setup as a fill-in form that we could drop in a screenshot of the artwork, then upload to docusign and have the approval process managed through there. I would be able to see the entire history of the proof, including when it was approved, and it would send me a notification by email when it was approved. I also set an "expiration date" which was the latest that they could approve the proof for us to get the order completed when promised. If there was specific detail that I needed the client to see, I could upload individual screenshots at 100% zoom or whatever was needed and have them attached to the proof approval package. It worked great for us.

Granted, I was running a tradeshow and exhibit company with TIGHT deadlines, so if they missed the approval date/time for art, they were subjected to additional fees as stated in the contract they signed before the job started. Honestly, many of our clients didn't mind paying additional fees for graphics, because they were typically only 15-25% of the total cost of the booth. Especially the huge ones like you see at SGIA and ISA (several of which were my clients). They would spend 75-150K on a booth for custom fabrication and graphics.

Attachments

• Docusign Approval Process.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 252

mameighan

If you use flexisign it has built in art approval feature that e-mails the art to your client and has them sign off on it. Nothing fancy but can get the job done

bannertime

SAI Flexi, Corebridge, ShopVox all have tools for it. I really like'd ShopVox's. Haven't tried Corebridge. Flexi's felt outdated from the get go. Really needs improvement. We've looking into Docusign, but it wasn't for us. We're holding out a little hope for Dropbox after they acquired an e-sign company. There are also numerous "design team" related online services that offer a similar function.

My brother and I were in the process of developing a stand alone self hosted one, but that's been delayed. Didn't feel like there was a big enough demand.

We've experimented with a tool called Slice which takes a screenshot and puts it into a premade PDF template.

Currently, we use Flexi's template tool and generate PDF proofs with it to email since we don't use ShopVox.