• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proof is in the pudding!

J Hill Designs

OK so history:

I switched to a non-OEM inkset for my OCE CS6060 (aka seiko CP64, aka HP9000) - a few months later I started having really bad banding, overspray, nozzle clogs, etc...changed dampers, captops, pump tube, switched heads around, etc etc...

Finally decided to purge and try OEM again...emptied sub-tank of black by running the pump in reverse, refilled with OEM black, and made a 40" x 5" sqare of pure K to purge the lines...first print you see the remaining non-OEM ink getting used up, second print directly after it using same exact file, not ripped again, just resent, and black has IMMEDIATELY cleared up...

I hate paying twice as much as before, but daaaamn dont think I will be spending countless hours cleaning grunting getting all 'inky' anymore...back to OEM for me...

:thumb:

Attachments

• purge.jpg
    purge.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 75

MikeD

thanks for posting your experience...I was just talking with a vendor about switching to non-OEM. We won't be doing that!

genericname

When you first switched to non-OEM, did you build a custom profile with that ink? Doesn't seem like a fair test unless saturation limits have been taken into account. It could be that the non-OEM ink just needed far less to get the same saturation, and using an OEM profile had it spit out way too much ink, leading to over-saturation and clogging, among other possible problems.

d fleming

Been using Lyson in my Seiko for quite some time. Better than OEM by far. Been using Nazdar inks for screen printing for over 30 years, best in the biz. JMO