• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proper cutting

dgofla

I've been working at my current job for about 3 months and it's been going pretty good. I've recently found out how to get our print/cut machine (Roland SP-300v) to cut out things. When I do so it seems to work okay but the cut is shifted about 1mm to the left of the image. I was wondering what setting I could mess with to change that. I tried offset but that didn't seem to do anything. Is there some sort of calibration option I haven't seen?

vikcho

Hi dgofls,
Make a black squire of 0.5" x 0.5" with cutpath and Print it.
Press menu key and go to print-cut adj. Change the scan settings and reprint. Keep changing the settings and reprinting until the squire is cut accurately.
Now send your print and cut command it will be accurate now.
Hope it helps.
Vikram

dgofla

Awesome thanks guys worked like a charm. Kind of an unrelated question but how do I get Illustrator to save my swatches. I set up a CutContour swatch and every time I close and reopen the program it isn't there.

Malkin

Click the little arrow, then choose "Persistent"

It will then stay.

Attachments

• VersaWorks.jpg
    VersaWorks.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 103