• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proper grammar/puctuation help

Firefox

Judging by what I see and hear on a daily basis I don't think using improper grammar or punctuation will be noticed by anyone... except Mrs. Johnson, my old English teacher... she's no longer with us so you won't be kept after class!

(I am certain she is rolling over... daily)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In our shop, I can't remember the last time we used the word etc. on anything permanent.

Really, if you can't take the time to advertise correctly, why put abbreviations on, let alone one that can mean virtually..... ANYTHING ??

I think ddarlak said it.... this is not an English class and we're not usually writing things in sentence form.... or we'd be writing a frickin' book. I seriously can't imagine why anyone would use that word for [and as you put it] permanent signs. You mean they can't think of the rest of their own thought, so they put .... and so much more, etc. ?? C'mon, give me a break and design it properly.

andy

MoonWalks,
Obstacle Courses,
Slides.
Other equipment & accessories available.

Like Gino I loathe the use of etc., it's so vague as to be virtually meaningless.

As to the correct way of expressing "etc." I was always taught that abbreviated words should be followed by a full stop. Therefore it should be written as etc., always.