• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proper Wording

ova

What would be the proper wording when placing an ad for an employee that would do everything from basic design to layout to install.

I didn't want to use the term "Shop Monkey" for fear of not being ploitically correct, but basically this is it.

I tried the Graphic Designer/Shop Worker route and it got me nowhere. All the people saw was the Graphic Designer part and I got flooded with over fifty e-mails from all over the mid and eastern US.

Dave

HulkSmash

Just say, What the primary position is, and say
responsibilities include: "dfsdhfasdhflajksdhfljkasdhfkljashdfjkasdf"

ChicagoGraphics

What would be the proper wording when placing an ad for an employee that would do everything from basic design to layout to install, "CHUMP"

threeputt

Sign shop assistant wanted.

Will work under the direction of shop foreman and independently at times.

Must be familiar with basic layout and design using sign design software and possess knowlege regarding use of power tools and fundamental installation techniques.

Something like that.

ova

I had listed all of the job duties expected of the employee. Along with "Must have at least two years experience" with the hands on part of the job. Also had in it about the use of power tools.

Of the replies we got, only two came close to what the ad stated. This made it a heck of alot easier to weed out, but they were at least 100 miles from our town. One said they would be willing to re-locate if the job paid enough.

The reason we got so many out of the area replies was the local newspaper was hooked up with Monster.com. We'll just keep on trying. I would think someone in our surrounding area will come along that meets the criteria.

Dave