• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Properly Clean Walls

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What is everyone's go to to clean/prep a wall before putting on a wall quote/logo. Not full wrap.
What kind of wall? Painted drywall? Painted Brick? Stucco? Textured? Many variations of a "wall". Iso alcohol is the normal go to for just about anything, but depending on the surface, it might not be the correct cleaner.

klingsdesigns

Typically painted orange peel is what we deal with. I have used alcohol in the past and it changed the finish of the paint a little bit. I thought it was just because it was still wet but it stayed that way.

Reveal1

Typically painted orange peel is what we deal with. I have used alcohol in the past and it changed the finish of the paint a little bit. I thought it was just because it was still wet but it stayed that way.
For flat/eggshell we moisten towels w/ app fluid and wipe down to get loose stuff/dust. On the more difficult paints with additives for scrubbing, dirt resistance or slightly chalky paint we use 25%-50% mix of alcohol - again not spraying directly on wall but moistening the cloth to avoid changing color on wall.

klingsdesigns

For flat/eggshell we moisten towels w/ app fluid and wipe down to get loose stuff/dust. On the more difficult paints with additives for scrubbing, dirt resistance or slightly chalky paint we use 25%-50% mix of alcohol - again not spraying directly on wall but moistening the cloth to avoid changing color on wall.
I think i am using too strong of iso. I will dilute it some. Thanks