Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Properly Clean Walls

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by klingsdesigns, Jun 26, 2019.

1. klingsdesigns

klingsdesigns Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    What is everyone's go to to clean/prep a wall before putting on a wall quote/logo. Not full wrap.

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    What kind of wall? Painted drywall? Painted Brick? Stucco? Textured? Many variations of a "wall". Iso alcohol is the normal go to for just about anything, but depending on the surface, it might not be the correct cleaner.

3. klingsdesigns

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Typically painted orange peel is what we deal with. I have used alcohol in the past and it changed the finish of the paint a little bit. I thought it was just because it was still wet but it stayed that way.

4. Reveal1

Reveal1 Active Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Cape Girardeau, MO
    For flat/eggshell we moisten towels w/ app fluid and wipe down to get loose stuff/dust. On the more difficult paints with additives for scrubbing, dirt resistance or slightly chalky paint we use 25%-50% mix of alcohol - again not spraying directly on wall but moistening the cloth to avoid changing color on wall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. klingsdesigns

Apr 16, 2012
    Wisconsin
    I think i am using too strong of iso. I will dilute it some. Thanks