• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

property rental company logo

Marco

youthful

EastEnd Logo.jpg

signmeup

If you turn the icon 90 degrees you get two little properties to rent. With a bit of colour fiddling, you might get the bottom section to look like land and the top section to look like sky.

Attachments

• EastHouse.jpg
    EastHouse.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Jon Aston

I'm not a designer - so I can't give you a decent visual - but another direction to consider might be to reflect the character of the east end neighborhood, assuming that is where the properties (or the bulk of them) are, or will be. So, for example, if the east end has some predominant style of architecture, or a well known landmark, or a unique skyline... try to incorporate that into the design.

Tiki

Font Sage
I was thinking the same thing Jon :smile:
Maybe using a Arrow or a Cityscape with an arrow above EastEnd

Revamp of the one I posted yesterday

Attachments

• 1aaa.jpg
    1aaa.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 86

signgal

YES!!! Use the arrow in the official icon/logo, not in the lettering. Less forced. You people are freakin' brilliant! Btw I like Marco's color combo... it's now! :) And I think Heath's Logo is an awesome example of symbols in a logo.

BTW I've searched and searched and can't find the thread about the hidden symbols. I know I saved it to look at when I had time and can't find it :(

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

If you turn the icon 90 degrees you get two little properties to rent. With a bit of colour fiddling, you might get the bottom section to look like land and the top section to look like sky.

Yeah but it also looks like an "M" and a "W". It would be great for a company called "MidWest" though.:thumb:

Jon Aston

Stop, drop, and roll.

You people are "on fire".

Tiki - Very classy. Everything I've ever seen you post is a winner. I understand why it's there, but I almost think the arrow is one element too many. Yours would also be great for an east end nightclub.

Marco, Philip, Ian and Jamie - I like the teamwork/progression. And the arrows almost make me think "neighborhood" - not that that's what you were going for.

I love this kind of thread. Thank you everyone!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the idea behind a logo to capture one's attention and make one want to look at it and almost memorize it at a quick glance, rather than purposely point one to a new direction away from your logo ??

When inserting icons, graphics and other incidentals, don't we always correct those that are taking your eye away from the theme and tell the creator to point it towards the center ??

What rule are we all throwing out to create this particular logo ??

I have to admit, there are some really nice ones coming in, but I think some of you are breaking a cardinal rule or two.

signmeup

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the idea behind a logo to capture one's attention and make one want to look at it and almost memorize it at a quick glance, rather than purposely point one to a new direction away from your logo ??

When inserting icons, graphics and other incidentals, don't we always correct those that are taking your eye away from the theme and tell the creator to point it towards the center ??

What rule are we all throwing out to create this particular logo ??

I have to admit, there are some really nice ones coming in, but I think some of you are breaking a cardinal rule or two.

Pooper.