• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proposed Ban On Chlorinated Pigments In Ink...Any Thoughts On This?

JamesLam

I haven't read the entire article yet but any thoughts?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I think some ink/paint manufacturer has something up their sleeve and is in the governments ear in order to regulate and force out some of their competitors. It doesn't have anything to do with environmental protections. If it was about that, they would be going after PTFE first.

unclebun

I think some ink/paint manufacturer has something up their sleeve and is in the governments ear in order to regulate and force out some of their competitors. It doesn't have anything to do with environmental protections. If it was about that, they would be going after PTFE first.
When you consider banning stoves is proposed, I don't think you need somebody looking for an industrial win to have these kinds of proposals.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When you consider banning stoves is proposed, I don't think you need somebody looking for an industrial win to have these kinds of proposals.
You had a fringe group that picked up on the stove thing and made it a political moment. That doesn't invalidate my comment. Do you really think the power industry is not pushing things like this? There's no commercial stove manufacturer who developed an electric stove that wipes out a chunk of their competitors? Do you believe the electric car thing is REALLY about the environment or do the power companies see dollar signs that can be leveraged with their huge lobbying groups? Go back 20 years where they clamped down on coal emissions. Were there not companies like Duke Energy licking their chops to buy out the small producers who didn't have the capital to upgrade? Let's talk diesel engines. What got Cummins into every single medium duty and class 8 truck on the market? They cry the blues to your face and high five each other behind closed doors. We can talk paint. The biggies gained market share and bought out tons of small producers when they clamped down on VOCs. Just cuz the idiot hippy left jumps on board the train doesn't mean they know where it's going to or why.

• Informative
Reactions: spb

unclebun

And what fringe group are you talking about that picked up on the gas stove ban? The president and his masters?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I did the same thing in my shed up in the field. I run equipment off it, lights, radio and saws and drills. Thinking about putting one on my other shed, instead of off the main from the house.

victor bogdanov

This is the secret to vibrant prints and clog free printheads

2.JPG

zillion29

You had a fringe group that picked up on the stove thing and made it a political moment. That doesn't invalidate my comment. Do you really think the power industry is not pushing things like this? There's no commercial stove manufacturer who developed an electric stove that wipes out a chunk of their competitors? Do you believe the electric car thing is REALLY about the environment or do the power companies see dollar signs that can be leveraged with their huge lobbying groups? Go back 20 years where they clamped down on coal emissions. Were there not companies like Duke Energy licking their chops to buy out the small producers who didn't have the capital to upgrade? Let's talk diesel engines. What got Cummins into every single medium duty and class 8 truck on the market? They cry the blues to your face and high five each other behind closed doors. We can talk paint. The biggies gained market share and bought out tons of small producers when they clamped down on VOCs. Just cuz the idiot hippy left jumps on board the train doesn't mean they know where it's going to or why.
It's no easy thing convincing people that corporations do not care about anything but the bottom line. Not saying they're necessarily evil, they're just committed to cash. All of their decisions are for reasons, rarely altruism or even virtue signaling.

JamesLam

It's no easy thing convincing people that corporations do not care about anything but the bottom line. Not saying they're necessarily evil, they're just committed to cash. All of their decisions are for reasons, rarely altruism or even virtue signaling.
The business owners' dilemma...everybody wants to be Duddy Kravitz but few can stand being called out as such.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I'd like to propose banning Papyrus.

I'll have to give AOC a call this weekend, I'm sure she will be happy to start some kind of legislation :roflmao:

1682093619014.png