• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Protecting Blockout Scrim Banner

StickerBee

Hello,

How do you protect a banner that will stay a little longer? I am using Truvis printer and print it on BannerBrite 18oz 1000D Double Sided, Blockout Scrim Banner. It will be hanged outdoor.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Dan360

Liquid laminate will help with the image. But really it's the installation that's gonna determine the life of the banners. We use the same banner for our pole banners and they need to be installed tight to prevent flapping in the wind. We've had some up for over 3 years now that were installed properly by our guys. When the city decides to install it themselves, they leave them quite loose and then wonder why they don't even last a month, despite us telling them how to install them.

StickerBee

Liquid laminate will help with the image. But really it's the installation that's gonna determine the life of the banners. We use the same banner for our pole banners and they need to be installed tight to prevent flapping in the wind. We've had some up for over 3 years now that were installed properly by our guys. When the city decides to install it themselves, they leave them quite loose and then wonder why they don't even last a month, despite us telling them how to install them.
This is really helpful! Thank you!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd never tell someone a banner will last 5 years. The basis for a banner is first..... it's a temporary sign and next, it's not supposed to last more than 2 or 3 years. Liquid laminate and according to the direction it's facing will all play a part, but don't be telling people they'll go 5 years. It'll flap itself to death before anything. Back in the days when we handpainted signs on actual canvas and such, a banner could last 10 years, but not ANY of this crap nowadays.