• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Protecting EDGE Graphics

hydo1

Hello everyone, my name is Jacob and I work at a small sign company in Washington state. I am a longtime lurker occasional poster.

My question is, has anyone had any luck with the cartridge based EdgeFX protective films? I have abrasion guard which I use occasionally, but have seen ads for the frog juice cartridge and other UV guard products. I have a job coming up and the company has their trucks acid washed so I need something that is really going to last. Am I kidding myself trying to find a cartridge solution or should I just suck it up and laminate these? Thanks to everyone for any advice.

Billct2

I use frog juice from a can, it's eay to apply and dries quick.
I prefer that to add hours to my machine applying clear coats.
That being sid, acid washing is beyond what most printed graphics can handle with out a
protective laminate film.

hydo1

Thank you for your reply Billct2. I think we have used Frog Juice before, but it looks like lamination is my only choice. That's fine because we have been talking about using our laminator to add life and value to our Edge graphics and this will give us the kick in the butt to do it.

signpro

Manager
i'd be careful with acid washing either way... can you get them a sample before covering the truck, or multiple trucks?? i think after a few acid baths, even a frog juice liquid lam would wash off??