• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Protek.

p3

Hey guys, I'm looking for some input. Here is a logo for an r/c brand we carry. Have to incorporate the R/C into the logo and wanted to see if you guys had any suggestions...:thankyou:

Attachments

• protekrclogo.jpg
    protekrclogo.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 97

Letterbox Mike

I think you have to look at it a little to hard to read the RC. What if you added a stroke or something to the RC to make it pop just a little more? Or the same drop shadow effect used on the Pro part? It just looks out of place as is.

Joe Diaz

The contrast isn't quite right. You can kind of read "tek" from the thumbnail, but the rest is a bit harder to define. If your background was a darker color and the blue was several shades lighter, the logo would read much easier. You then would also have to make the secondary copy white or a lighter color.

If the logo were to go on a lighter background. I would still go with the lighter blue, but really beef up the black contour to maybe twice the thickness. OR... you could swap the black contour with white. Keep the darker blue the way it is, then swap the white out with a real dark color, maybe your black.

If you do those things it should read a little better from a distance.

Also, for the secondary copy, maybe go with an all caps, more condensed font that has wide kerning and still matches the slant of the main copy.

Other than all that I like the overall direction. It fits the application.

Last edited:

p3

Yea. They have the set blue they like. I tried suggesting a lighter blue. But they use pantone 300 for everything. Just trying to update what they currently have which is attached. I agree on the outlines. I like when the outline is thicker on things like these.

Attachments

• ProTek-RC.jpg
    ProTek-RC.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 157

phototec

A little tweaking?

How about something like this, just a little tweaking?

Attachments

• protekrclogo Mod copy.jpg
    protekrclogo Mod copy.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 105