Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PTF Profile Files

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by thewood, Jun 1, 2011.

1. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I'm running the Flexi 10 RIP. My ink vendor provided me with some profiles in PTF format. I'm not familiar with that format. How do I add these to Flexi?

Also, can I still use the traditional .icc profiles in Flexi 10?

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    PTF is a file format used by Flexi 8 and higher. It stands for Preset Transfer File, and is intended to be a packaged media configuration for the SAi RIP. The PTF should include a custom ICC as a component of the PTF, along with channel ink limits, lineariazation info, and total ink limit info.

It plugs into the SAi RIP (either PhotoPrint or FlexiSIGN-PRO's Production Manager application). In Production Manager, go to the File Menu > Install PTF File, and browse to the file, then confirm. Afterwords, the new media should be listed in the PTF list box in Production Manager/ PhotoPrint.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Many thanks, Castek Resources!

In my Production Manager, I went to File>Import Presets. Worked like a charm.

:thankyou: