• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

publish to PDF...leaves a blank page

2 see signz

Gday all, larger files wont save in x5 , if i publish to pdf or export to pdf it does the same thing, just a blank page when you open it in adobe reader, but if you import back into x5 its there?
its 6000mm x 1000mm

R08

Not sure if this is covered by the link Custom Grafx gave you but :

Try keeping everything on the page. Pdf's are exported as a page(s) (i.e. 8.5x11)
Another problem is if you have stuff outside the page it sometimes ends up being on the desktop layer which by default does not export at all (although this can be changed)

Hope this helps.

2 see signz

now it wont let me export it as an EPS scaled down to 10:1 (600mm x 125mm) and comes up not responding... just updated to sp3...

Posterboy

I'd try copying everything into a new document and trying it from there. Sometimes Corel documents get glitchy.
Another thing could be if Corel thinks the objects are 'symbols'. I don't know what Corel means, but sometimes when you import artwork in from eps or pdf, it can come in as a symbol, which means it will be a pain. If it is a symbol you'll need to do whatever you need to to make it a normal object ie bitmap, shape, text.

Jim Doggett

Gday all, larger files wont save in x5 , if i publish to pdf or export to pdf it does the same thing, just a blank page when you open it in adobe reader, but if you import back into x5 its there?
its 6000mm x 1000mm

Make sure your export options are "current page" or if just selecting part of your doc to be in the PDF that it's set to "selection."

2 see signz

thanks for everyone help....
any chance someone could do a test on their system to see if you can save to pdf a 6000mm x 1000mm doc.
its still the same even after tyring all of the above,
i opened a new page, set to 5075mm 1000mm made a black circle, published to pdf and still blank...i have no idea why?...but at 4999mm x 1000mm it works perfect.

so next question should be how do you set up your page to do a 6m banner

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
2 see,
what is going to be done with the exported pdf?
If you are going to print it, an ai or eps export will work at that size and should print the same as a pdf.
If it has to be in the pdf format just work at scale.
1/4 or 1/10th should work and export to a pdf without a problem.

note: I missed the part about you trying to export at 1/10th scale.
Let me try and see I have X5 with sp3 here.

wayne k
guam usa

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
OK,
X5 will export a 600mm PDF at least here it does.
Make sure you reset your page size from the 6000 down to 600 and not just the content on the page. Corel will still try to export that 6k size even if there is nothing on it.

wayne k
guam usa

Skye

We make PDF's all day from coredraw x5 and open in vw. Scale down if larger then 200". Can you send a snip it of the file and the publish to PDF settings. I will let you know what is going on. Take care
Skye

2 see signz

thanks all, i dont have a digital machine i send all my work out , this job was for a kedar or rope track banner, did it half size and they re-sized it at there end...wish they did that to start with...lol

Dave Rowland

Adobe acrobat reader and some adobe software doesn't like large sized PDFs over 5mtrs.... but Wasatch loves them...

try importing the PDF into Corel afterwards, should work

Roto

Adobe acrobat reader and some adobe software doesn't like large sized PDFs over 5mtrs.... but Wasatch loves them...

try importing the PDF into Corel afterwards, should work

Dave, the problem is that most people use Adobe Reader or Acrobat pro to view PDF's and if you send them a big PDF they are going to get the blank page even if the data is there. :(

Dave Rowland

i know roto... it is an issue... i beleive FusionPDF by Corel actually displays large files but not the same as Adobe product.

Shame this is an issue