Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

publish to pdf with signlab 10

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by shacho, Dec 28, 2018.

1. shacho

shacho Member

Aug 19, 2015
    canada
    I have signlab 10 and i like to send out proofs by publishing to PDF so the customer can zoom in and see detail. my problem is when i am publishing to PDF it is the wrong color. i will attach a screen shot of what it is supposed to look like (named before) and a PDF after publishing (named after) which is wrong. can anyone tell me why it is publishing like this?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Asuma01

Asuma01 Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Bend, OR
    the png file is rgb and the pdf file is cmyk.
    Thats why they look different.

3. shacho

shacho Member

Aug 19, 2015
    canada
    the png is just a screen shot from signlab. Do you how do i make the PDF look the same as my signlab screen?

thanx

4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I opened the PDF and it's actually in RGB mode already so something else has to be going on. I think maybe what's happening is the gradients are being rasterized and that is changing the color. When I open it in Illustrator all of the gradients are raster images layered on top of a vector outline. I'm not used to Sign Lab but that is not how Illustrator does things at all. I wonder if it's because they are different programs or if the process of creating a PDF from Sign Lab is somehow different.