• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help pull up tabs

kffernandez

hi all!

does anybody know how to do the "pull up tab" feature? it's basically just a small part that doesn't have adhesive, while the rest of the decal has adhesive. i've been doing this for 10 years, and i'm stumped.

i'm using a Summa S2T and mimaki uv roll to roll printer. any help would be appreciated!

kelly

Attachments

• pull up tab.jpg
    pull up tab.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 185

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
These look similar to the seals on K-cups or coffee creamers. I'm going to guess that there is NO adhesive on the decal, and that the backer has the tackiness to hold them. Typically, they are applied with heat or ultrasonically.

OR...if the decal does adhesive, I'd hazard a guess that the tab does too...and that it's scored and will separate once the decal is applied.

JB

Last edited:

kffernandez

OR...if the decal does adhesive, I'd hazard a guess that the tab does too...and that it's scored and will separate once the decal is applied.

JB

i actually came across this problem when i got an inquiry for soap "pull to open" tags. and i saw it online. being sold on a per sheet basis. https://shopee.ph/Pull-To-Open-Tab-Sticker-i.16154114.697217317

since all the other parts of the strip has adhesive. i'm guessing that they are scored at the back [to keep the backing paper attached to that small part]. Is there a way to score the backing paper, given our usual workflow?

here are other pics i saw online serving as soap pull tags.

thanks!

kelly

Attachments

• pull to open 2.jpg
    pull to open 2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 148
  • pull to open.JPG
    pull to open.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 148

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I would bet this is a specialized process and not something you're going to be able to do with standard equipment.