• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pulled All-Nighter to make the boss happy

MikePro

My boss has been riding me for a while to wrap one of our pickup trucks, but never had the time due to other projects and me having to learn how to install 3 print heads on my Mimaki (thanks artbot).
Anywho, printer's working PERFECTLY again and soooo I pulled an all-nighter (ok ok, i went to the bar from 10-12 for "lunch") and came up with this:

DSCN0276.JPG
DSCN0283.JPG
IMG_3990.JPG
IMG_4006.JPG
IMG_4012.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks good, but I didn't notice any nighttime in the sky in any of those pictures................

psst........ you forgot the hood and roof​

MikePro

just finishing the rest of it this week, as I didn't wrap the otherside of the truck due to me putting a HUGE dent right in the middle of where my company logo would fall into. luckily, the truck I turned into took a scuff to the tail light...

Getting the dent fixed today, should be fully wrapped by tomorrow.

Next up... my Tahoe and my Boss' F-150.
... and my girlfriend is out of town for a week, so i might "ninja-wrap" her car with somethin' clever. Like I did recently to my sister's car when she graduated from the Univ. of Minnesota:
28967_543110282328_184701230_31774971_854458_n.jpg

MikePro

Looks good, but I didn't notice any nighttime in the sky in any of those pictures................

psst........ you forgot the hood and roof​

lol, ran the printer@ 6pm and washed/prep'd the truck... peeled off old decals/etc.
took a break at 10pm to go see friends at the bar, was back by 12am to laminate and apply (first picture).
I have a full sequence of photos where you can actually see the sky outside the garage getting brighter as I go, but limited myself to just a few pix for the thread :)

lol Gino, if you wanted to know... the hood/roof/tailgate go on today as well :) I was an idiot for trying to do this as an all-nighter project, as I was deliriously exhausted by 4am... almost dropped an X-acto on my foot at least 3 times. AND have a burn on my leg from sitting on my heat gun.

Buuut for the record, the hood/roof/tailgate are actually already wrapped with a printed red-carbon fiber + logo/contact info. from my original plan to wrap the whole truck, but stopped before printing/applying the sides

Last edited:

MikePro

oops! knew i forgot something:

3M IJ180-CV3 with 8915 UltraMatte that was used in this years' ISA Wrap-Star.

SignManiac

Nice job! Enough of a design for interest, but not over the top gaudy with Arora effects. Good example of less is more.

MikePro

But did you get paid?
nope... one of the perks of bein' the boss' kid. I do a lot of off-clock work around the shop. Plus, I needed a better sales tool, anyways, for vehicle wraps... so this will pay out for me in the long haul.

now I just gotta sell 20 wraps before the end of the year and maybe I'll get a budget for a better sales/install vehicle :)