• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pulling hair out - Probably easy but I can't get it

trakers

OK so here's the deal.

Cutting a large number of reverse cut signs. Have everything setup but am worried about the extremely pointed edge of some of the letters.
(See attachment)

Any ideas how to achieve my goal in Flexi?

It is a long, boring story but I have to use the Arial Narrow font shown in the example or I would look for another font.

Attachments

• Ns.gif
    Ns.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 237

high impact

I don't quite understand the concern first of all.

But you could just edit the troublesome corners with your node editing tools for a rounded corner or weld in bridges like you did for the squared off version.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
OK so here's the deal.

Cutting a large number of reverse cut signs. Have everything setup but am worried about the extremely pointed edge of some of the letters.
(See attachment)

Any ideas how to achieve my goal in Flexi?

It is a long, boring story but I have to use the Arial Narrow font shown in the example or I would look for another font.

Your instincts are correct. If the vinyl is going to lift those points are exactly where it's going to happen. This is because on any point there necessarily exists a place where the vinyl is thicker than it is wide and it is here that the adhesive is insufficient to keep it stuck to the substrate.

For reversed text...

Convert text to outlines.

Select the desired nodes, you can do all of them at once.

Invoke the corner radius tool.

For non-reversed text...

Add a stroke with round corners.

Convert the stroke to outlines.

Weld the object what was the stroke to the text.

grafxxx

yeah what bob said. i always put a round corners on any pointed tips on my graphics.
i also let my customer know to be carefull of wiping those points when cleaning due to the lifting

Banner Signs

I just put a .015 outline with round corners, weld and all sharp corners are slightly rounded. It only increases letter sizes about 1/32" and much quicker than editing every corner.

Jackpine

Yes that is what to do. Then reduce the letters appropriately. In Corel you could uses the fillet tool and it will do the inside and outsides at the same time.
I just put a .015 outline with round corners, weld and all sharp corners are slightly rounded. It only increases letter sizes about 1/32" and much quicker than editing every corner.

Jackpine

In the windows......Dockers, Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer.
Get X3 if you don't have it. Too many improvements not to own it.