• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pulling what Hair I have left Out!

mbarden

Can anyone suggest steps to resolve this issue of Horizontal banding. I think it is due to static electricty as it ahppens across all media and various profiles used. I am trying to humidify my shop area better, I put my printer on some rubber matts. Anything Else?
Thank You!!

Attachments

• 100_2579.JPG
    100_2579.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 66

LarryB

It could be a number of things. When is the last time you cleaned the machine? Is there fuzz on or near the heads? Have you cleaned your encoder strip? The encoder strip can create a lot of problems if it is dirty. Are you using Roland inks?

brush1

Turn heat off and check.
I have from time to time the same problem (2 Versacamm). It is usually on 2 machines in the same time.
Never figured it out.
It helps.....but not allways.

Alpha Star

I just fixed this... in my case, flipping the encoder strip around finally solved it. I thought it was clean, but I guess not. But for me, the clue was that it wasn't happening in Unidirection mode... so try that first.

MikePro

bet you had some fuzz in your encoder sensor. simply flipping a dirty encoder strip won't just fix it.