Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulling what Hair I have left Out!

Discussion in 'Roland' started by mbarden, Mar 19, 2013.

1. mbarden

mbarden Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Iowa
    Can anyone suggest steps to resolve this issue of Horizontal banding. I think it is due to static electricty as it ahppens across all media and various profiles used. I am trying to humidify my shop area better, I put my printer on some rubber matts. Anything Else?
    Thank You!!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. LarryB

LarryB Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Webster, Texas
    It could be a number of things. When is the last time you cleaned the machine? Is there fuzz on or near the heads? Have you cleaned your encoder strip? The encoder strip can create a lot of problems if it is dirty. Are you using Roland inks?

3. brush1

brush1 Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Turn heat off and check.
    I have from time to time the same problem (2 Versacamm). It is usually on 2 machines in the same time.
    Never figured it out.
    It helps.....but not allways.

4. Alpha Star

Alpha Star Member

Feb 26, 2012
    I just fixed this... in my case, flipping the encoder strip around finally solved it. I thought it was clean, but I guess not. But for me, the clue was that it wasn't happening in Unidirection mode... so try that first.

5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    bet you had some fuzz in your encoder sensor. simply flipping a dirty encoder strip won't just fix it.

6. Alpha Star

Alpha Star Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Oh yeah... I did clean the sensor out... that's uncanny how you called that :)

7. Papajo

Papajo Member

Apr 4, 2013
    France
    Are the bands following the feed direction or the scan direction ?