• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pump clacking like a nightmare \ SP 540v

hunterp

Hello all.

Here's my issue: Print quality went south today with yellow dropping out and blue testing very weak. I did a couple of cleaning, suctioned out lines at pump. Print quality went up but not by much. Then with a subsequent cleaning the pump beneath cap tops made a couple of very loaud clacks when there is usually just clicks. It even seemed to jam up and not spin. Print quality went to crap then.

I just read about Artbot's suggestion of stretching the springs to get a little more compression. I will try this tomorrow.

Anyone else had this experience with a pump? A tech ( who recently sold me a new pump which i installed ) said that pumps very rarely fail, certainly not after a couple of weeks.

Thank you in advance! Proud to have a Roland and to have a supportive user community.