Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pump noise?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by netfryer, Jan 15, 2010.

1. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    I have never worked with any other Roland than my own... and the tech didnt seem to mind the sound, so maybe it's normal.

Does your pump click super loud when it's running? Mine on my sp300v has already been changed for the newer style, but it's insanely loud.

Tags:
  2. southpawP8NTR

southpawP8NTR Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Potosi, MO
    Replaced mine about 3 months ago. Mine is quiet now, before it had a loud whining sound. But the ink leaking out of it was the problem.

3. Sign Works

Sign Works Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    Ya my new pump (newer model) is a bit noisier than the old one, the tech mentioned that some of them are extremely loud.

4. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    I also changed my pump over when I did the ink change from waterbased to solvent and the new pump makes a lot more clicking noise. I plan to just open up the old pump and change the tubing to solvent resistant and use the old pump as a back up.

5. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    We have 4 rolands, each makes it's own sounds (two are even the same model). As long as they are printing OK don't worry about it.

6. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    Yep, each Roland has a personality.
    My two XC-540s both sound different and have different tweaks and profiles to make them print the same.

7. netfryer

netfryer Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Iowa
    Alright, won't tweak on it then. Just seems like we're getting pinto noises from our bmw's.

Thanks all!