• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pump trouble maybe?!!!

artiep

Does anyone know of a way to test the ink pump on a SP300v, and how hard of a job is it to replace it. Also if anyone knows where to get a service manual for this machine please let me know.
Thanks

David S

Exactly what type of problem are you having with the printer? If you have ink flowing through the printhead and ink flowing through the captop then to test the pumps --
First check that the drain tubes aren't clogged then, the easiest way to test is to pull up the drain tubes and do a cleaning and see if any ink comes out. Do you have the old or new style pumps? If you have the old style pumps you will see a white gear on them. The old style pumps are prone to failure and usually leak when they fail. I haven't seen a failure of the new pumps yet. There is a conversion kit to switch to the new pumps. It is easy if you have the directions. The new pumps require firmware v 6.30 or higher so you may have to upgrade the firmware. A new pump and conversion kit should be around $100.

Dave L.

There is also a proceedure in the service menu, to change how it pulls the ink called system switch. It should probably be done by a tech, if your pump is really going. Artie, I know for a fact that you have an upgraded pump and the system switch was done..:wink: