• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchase supplies local or have them shipped?

Where do you purchase supplies?

• We purchase most of our supplies locally.....

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • We purchase most of our supplies from a catalog or online...

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

jenhuedepohl

I get mine through online or phone orders from Wensco. They're about 100 mile away and about the closest supplier to me. They'll ship it straight to me on their truck for orders over $150 and most of the time I get it the next day. I've gotten orders in less than 12 hours. There is a Fellers about the same distance but I haven't tried them yet.

ManningSigns

I purchase most from fellers. I just bought a printer from a local dealer ( over 300 miles away ) They have a truck that comes down here every other week, so I plan to start buying more for them.

animenick65

We use a variety of local companies. One company we have been dealing with for almost a decade just recently started adding a $7 surcharge on deliveries. They are about 3 miles down the street and sometimes we need stuff delivered as we don't have a vehicle large enough to pick it up or just don't have the time. They deliver all the way to New York and still charge us the same $7 for delivery even though we have a large account with them and we're right down the street. Certainly not loyalty there.

cdiesel

I try to keep our money local with the smaller guys. We buy all of our digital media from our printer seller--helps with support.
However, it seems we stock more than our local suppliers do, and we have to order in sometimes.

Typestries

Local for us is at least 60 miles away. So, as local as we can get is Harbor with daily delivery, Pioneer with every other day or so and the cowboy with UPS whenever we need it.