• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchased a Roland xc540 shipping do's and don't s..

kingofwraps

Just purchased an xc540 ..previously owned a sp540. I am going to pick up machine this Monday and is about 5 hrs away. I was wondering about a few details.. Should I remove inks? Can I remove it off it's stand easily? Is there a head lock bracket?

Bly

There should be a head lock somewhere, screwed to the back of the machine probably. I'd just lock the head, leave the inks in and try to handle it carefully.

kingofwraps

Ok that's what I'm thinking.. But I'm trying to decided if I should rent a boxtruck or a cargo van. I almost definite that machine won't fit in a cargo van without removing it from it's stand.

Salmoneye

I moved mine recently. It is easy to get off the stand and I set the unit on a mattress, then secured it. About five hours for me as well. I did not remove inks, there is a headlock on the back or bottom of the unit (it's blue). Good luck.

kingofwraps

Sounds good salmon eye i was actually Looking at my sons old mattress a minute ago thinking if I could use it . Lol. How about the waste ink bottle. Is it located at the bottom like the sp540?

S

scarface

My roland tech who setup my 30" told me if i move it anywhere but around the same room remove the inks, flush the system. I guess as a precaution.

mark in tx

I moved one with a box truck.
Use the head locking bar, and make sure you don't cargo strap over the top of the printer. Only through the legs.

kingofwraps

I got a box truck and picking it up tomorrow. Can't wait!! Also ex owner said it's has got 1 year roland warranty left. Would anyone know what that actually covers?

jasonx

I lock down the heads. I remove the ink cartridges and insert empty 220ml carts. Wouldn't want it to syphon will full 440mls. Thats alot of ink.

I make sure the waste bottle is empty.

I'd leave it on the stand and just strap it down properlly.

As soon as you get it to the location, unlock heads, insert ink and plug the power ink and test print etc.

GSGservice

Do not remove the ink cartridges unless you insert empty cartridges in there, do not turn the machine on it's side. Lock the head withthe blue bar off the back or at least tape or zip tie the head assembly in place. That sounds simple but you would not believe how many machines come in for service with ink pouring out all inside the machine.

You want to check with your local dealer about your warranty - it may be denied as it was not moved by a dealer... Just FYI - check your warranty

kingofwraps

thanks for all the info!!! i ended up taking a box truck with a lift.Strapping it down, locking heads, inks where already removed. Got tech out next day, got it up and running in no time!....