• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchased Mutoh Falcon Outdoor quick questions

Nathans

Just got our Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II we had a colorspan displaymaker before so I am not total newb :p Im having a problem "PF Motor Err" not sure what this is or means??? also does anyone have a service manual or manual?

OneUpTenn

I can not say that I have ever seen that error but if you go to signwarehouse.com\support there is probably help there for ya.

Nathans

I opened it up and found the pin that holds the large black wheel near the motor broke so it was spinning freely and the paper wouldnt move, i fixed the problem now it jerks for a second then says PF over current

Matt Cuellar

I'm not sure if it's the same on the Falcon as it is on the ValueJet, but that's a Print Feed Error meaning a couple of possible things.

1) The weight of the roll is too heavy for the feed mechanism to handle so when the motor tries to pull the media through, it can't handle the weight and just shuts down

2) Since it's used, the print feed motor might have just been bad.

Normally that error is related to scenario #1 on the ValueJet, but again, may be different. Ask RandyA on this forum. He works for Mutoh and might be able to offer some assistance.

Nathans

Just trying to print on a cut sheet, spits the paper forward about a half inch then buzzes then says over current

randya

I opened it up and found the pin that holds the large black wheel near the motor broke so it was spinning freely and the paper wouldnt move, i fixed the problem now it jerks for a second then says PF over current

Lift the media lever and 'roll' the feed roller back and forth to check for binding. If it is binding check the 'belt' and pulleys at the far end to make sure they are in good shape and aligned correctly.

If that all checks out, take a look at the encoder...look for centering in the sensor and condition of the encoder (it is a transparent disc with a bunch of tick marks on it) it can be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

Check also that the carriage moves back and forth without binding and clean the carriage encoder as well.

It is also possible that the pf motor has some internal damage from the loose pin.

Nathans

its coming apart:ROFLMAO: dam E068 error... order a new PF motor both encoder strips & sensors well see how that goes... I got a funny feeling the pf motor shorted the board but well see