• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchased used SP-540V..need help

Macy Hansen

When I purchased they hadn't cleaned in a while and it had severe banding. I've done a soak for a couple hours and it is looking a lot
Better and the banding is almost gone however now they are fuzzy. Can you guys look at the print and see if you have any ideas? I replaced the cap tops and wipers already.

Attachments

• IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    338.2 KB · Views: 303

kanini

You can replace only the black/cyan printhead for now, the yellow/magenta is fairly ok. The replacement of b/c ph will reduce your banding/fuzziness if not eliminate it completely. Unfortunately from the test print it looks as if the head needs replacing rather than cleaning. Good luck!

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
Buy the clean cartridges and run per clean. Let sit over night and power clean 2 more times, pump dry and install your color cartridges. See how it prints, this should be done 1-2 times a year

hunterp

Buy the clean cartridges and run per clean. Let sit over night and power clean 2 more times, pump dry and install your color cartridges. See how it prints, this should be done 1-2 times a year

Anyone else care to endorse this? Thank you Northern Design for the advice. I want to do this with my printer if it makes a big difference. Are the instructions for this in the Service Manual?

bigblocktrader

see if the line from your pump to drain bottle is clogged, replace cap tops, cleaning cartridge may help, after that start printing the more you print the better in will get,I had my nozzle test print look worse than that,

premiercolour

Merchant Member
You did a good job unclogging the printheads. We buy and sell new/used equipment all the time. This is what we do every time we brought in a used Roland printer.

1. Replace all dampers (you'd need four), parts --> Click here
2. Replacement all cap tops ( you'd need two), parts --> Click here
3. Flush the printer with cleaning solution and soak it overnight. parts and instruction --> Click here

"Soak it overnight" Make a knot on the end of the cap top hose so the cleaning solution will not go down to the drain. Now pour cleaning solution on top of the cap top to full. Move the printhead on top of it. Turn off the printer and unplug the power.

You might want to perform two head washes. Perform head alignment. This is as far as you can go. Good luck to you.

For viewers who have 0 nozzle check:
** Check head cable -- > Click here
** Check head fuse --> Click here
** Check printhead manifold -- > Click here
** New Roland printhead --> Click here

Premier Colour, Inc
from S. California

printhog

You did a good job unclogging the printheads. We buy and sell new/used equipment all the time. This is what we do every time we brought in a used Roland printer.

1. Replace all dampers (you'd need four), parts --> Click here
2. Replacement all cap tops ( you'd need two), parts --> Click here
3. Flush the printer with cleaning solution and soak it overnight. parts and instruction --> Click here

"Soak it overnight" Make a knot on the end of the cap top hose so the cleaning solution will not go down to the drain. Now pour cleaning solution on top of the cap top to full. Move the printhead on top of it. Turn off the printer and unplug the power.

You might want to perform two head washes. Perform head alignment. This is as far as you can go. Good luck to you.

For viewers who have 0 nozzle check:
** Check head cable -- > Click here
** Check head fuse --> Click here
** Check printhead manifold -- > Click here
** New Roland printhead --> Click here

Premier Colour, Inc
from S. California
MOST EXCELLENT ADVICE EVER!!