• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing a Roland soljet 3

islandtees

We have the oppertunity to purchase a Roland xc-540 54 inch soljet 3 at a price under 10000 for a 2 year old printer. The head check is bad. I believe the heads are loaded with dry ink. If I had a worst case senerio and had to replace all the heads and dampers with labor would anyone be able to give me some ballpark pricing. After the repair and buy price I want to see if this is worth it. Thanks Gary

n737rp

If im not mistaken that unit has 12 heads, Id say just for the heads alone your looking at $10,000 the dx4 heads range anywhere from 750- 1000 each, the dampers are the cheapest part.. I would make sure that your getting it really cheap.

tomence

It has 6 print heads. If you have to replace all the heads, dampers, pumps and cap station you are looking probably at around $7K parts and labor.

Last edited:

islandtees

I had a chance to look at the dampers and docking stations. I noticed the heads that were not firing had no ink in the dampers. The docking stations looked OK Skould the complete square of the damper be filled with ink? Thanks