• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Purchasing a used Ledco Econocraft - need advice

fresh

We are looking at purchasing a used Ledco Econocraft 60" laminator. Can someone help me out with what I should look for? Its been in storage for 4 years, but the guy who is selling it claims that it was very rarely used before that and that it is in "excellent condition."

We've never owned a laminator before and we've never purchased use equipment before so I don't really know what to look for.

Any advice is appreciated.

rjssigns

Make sure the roll pressure was released prior to storage. 4 years will definitely flat spot them. Make sure the rollers are perfect. No nicks, scrapes, gouges etc...

If the rollers are toast the thing is worth scrap rate at the yard.

Malkin

I have this exact model. Pretty much as stated above what to check for (no heat on these).

They can be a little finicky, mostly just in terms of having a lot of little safeties that all have to be just so before it runs. We have used ours for 10+ years with no major issues, at least none cause by the machine.

We did happen to receive ours with some gouges near the ends of the rollers, and (apparently) the distributor didn't want to hear about it. I don't fault Ledco for it though.

Please feel free to ask here or PM me with any specific questions about it.

fresh

I have this exact model. Pretty much as stated above what to check for (no heat on these).

They can be a little finicky, mostly just in terms of having a lot of little safeties that all have to be just so before it runs. We have used ours for 10+ years with no major issues, at least none cause by the machine.

We did happen to receive ours with some gouges near the ends of the rollers, and (apparently) the distributor didn't want to hear about it. I don't fault Ledco for it though.

Please feel free to ask here or PM me with any specific questions about it.

If you had the opportunity to purchase another one for a pretty decent price, would you? I would love to get a RS or Seal, but they are out of my price range. If this one is in good condition, we will be very lucky.

Actually, it might make up for the fact that the price of our printed dropped 30% 6 weeks after we bought it.

Malkin

If you had the opportunity to purchase another one for a pretty decent price, would you? I would love to get a RS or Seal, but they are out of my price range. If this one is in good condition, we will be very lucky.

Actually, it might make up for the fact that the price of our printed dropped 30% 6 weeks after we bought it.

Almost certainly yes, no hesitation about that machine.

Other laminators might in fact be better, but I have only worked with this one and have no complaints.

Only loosely related - we paid off our printer this month. It was a horrible lease deal where we ended up paying 2 times the purchase value, however, it was still well worth it. We have been able to attract and keep bigger and better clients and are so much better off for having it, no matter what the price was.