• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC Panels on Field Stone?

tonyfastsigns

I have a decent size project that requires we affix 16" x 24" 1/2" thick PVC panels to a pre-existing fieldstone walls.

Thinking studs and spacers are the way to go unless someone out there has a better idea. The thought of mounting 40 of these, 4 studs per is keeping me up at night.
The walls are random, no specific pattern.

Thoughts?

letterman7

My thoughts are depending on the color they are going to warp no matter what. 4 through bolts and spacers will keep that to a minimum, though. 1/2" isn't thick enough for just studs to hold against the warp.

visual800

You have got to post a pic of what your doing. This customer wanted individual letters on this stone but I said this would work a whole lot better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 99

tonyfastsigns

You have got to post a pic of what your doing. This customer wanted individual letters on this stone but I said this would work a whole lot better

Similar application but a flat wall. These will be oval shaped panels indicating apartment numbers / directions. Based on comments above I have gone to a 3/4" thick panel. The architect has specified .5" aluminum until I broke the news about his budget.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Easy cheesy. Not sure what you'd be using tool-wise for the install, but if you don't own a rotary hammer, you should really get one. It would be worth it for this job alone.

I did six sets of the Market Street letters and two sets of some of the others ones shown in the pictures below. There were two sets of the 'Parking' letters for the Encana job which totaled about 200 holes. I'd love to do 40 signs with 4 holes each s opposed to doing a ton of letters and having to make sure they're level, plumb and flush.

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg