• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PVC Sign Materials

hankweezie

Hi All,
I Have to do a PVC Sign for a customer, I need to buy the 4x4 post and top and bottom rails with caps, who is someone to use for these materials?
Hankweezie

hankweezie

I realize they are good for post, but you can't get the arched rails for the top that you see in photos, custom cuts.

letterman7

I realize they are good for post, but you can't get the arched rails for the top that you see in photos, custom cuts.
Then you're not telling us everything that you need for this job. A fence company as petros suggested is your best route, or make your own.

SignProPlus-Chip

lol those are made to slip over a 4x4 post :0)

Markus

That's mostly what we use them for...we cut them down to use and post jackets to protect again weed whackers etc...

But they aren't sold as jackets. They are sold to be used hollow, with most of their vinyl fencing. The vinyl posts and jackets are two separate things.

fresh

That's mostly what we use them for...we cut them down to use and post jackets to protect again weed whackers etc...

But they aren't sold as jackets. They are sold to be used hollow, with most of their vinyl fencing. The vinyl posts and jackets are two separate things.

We don't ever like using PVC posts, but when we do, we just stick the hollow 4x4 in the ground and mount the panel in whatever way we see fit.

fresh

Who is your sign supplier? Harbor Sales has PVC post & rail kits, and I'm sure you can get them from other suppliers.

If you want a curved top, between the rails, I suggest using a bottom rail, supporting the sides and jig-sawing the shape that you want.