• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Pylon / Pole Sign Supplier

edensdesign

Does anyone have any sources for custom or standard poles with baseplate/anchor bolt cover intended for signage?

I can only seem to locate vendors for lighting poles which will not work for this application.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd much rather find a supplier than weld a baseplate with anchor bolt holes onto a square steel pole.

Any suggestions are welcome, normally for new construction we just do direct burial but it is not an option for this project.

JBurton

Signtologist
We order from Boyd metals, just provide them with baseplate drawings and they deliver pipe and plate at the same time. (Almost) No way to get out of welding the two together unless you want to call a certified welder, which is fine, just costly. I've also gotten rings, caps, and plates welded to a pole before delivery, but I believe that was through an engineering firm that also sold steel, so they were happy to upcharge the order to include welding. Eagle Tubular did that project. Just watch out if they weld rings on for ya, the pipe can really pick up speed quickly when it's sitting on a 1" wheel!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
There seems to be a welding shop on every corner, why would you want to freight in something like that? How do you even get into pylon signs if you can't weld?