• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Q-Series Plotter Pens - Where can they be found

Gordy Saunders

I have any older model Graphtec Q-100 Vinyl Express Plotter. I called Sign Warehouse looking for some pens for it. They apparently no longer are available and have been replaced by a $125.00 pen holder and a $25.00 pen. The pen used to come in 5 packs. I am wondering if anyone know where I can find a source for some pens? Thanks, Gordy

round man

I've popped the cap off of plotter pens and refilled them with inkjet refill kits with good results.....sometimes it takes soaking the tip if has been allowed to dry in some denatured alcohol but it will work in a pinch

knucklehead

A guy is selling these on the US Cutter forum, and I think on E-bay too?
=============================================================

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:22 PM
If anyone is interested in a sleeve for Sharpie markers for your Graphtec, I am offering them at 2 sleeves for $9shipped (US). They are made from ABS plastic and they fit perfectly. You will receive one sleeve that fits the regular "Fine Point" and one sleeve that will fit the "Ultra Fine Point" Sharpie.

You will also receive a "FREE" fine point sharpie marker.

They should work with all the Graphtecs as long as there is clearance at the top of your machine for the marker. Will also work with the Vinyl Express Q and Qe series. You can send me a message if you want to purchase or have any questions.
====================================================================

For more info, go to USCutter forum, buy, sell section.

I've actually been thinking about getting one myself.

Gordy Saunders

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info everyone. I did find an old dried out pen and rejuvinated it with some ink I bought at the art store. The other information will be handy if and when this pen wears out. Thanks again. Gordy