• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Q100 and the FC7000 whats the differance besides branding

VinylCraft

Ok well i guess Graphtec has a software that comes with there plotters ans the Q100 doesn't nor does SW know what I'm talking about. SW telling me that everything has to be manually set on the plotter itself. But was told but an owner of a FC7000 that everything is software driven. Software in question is Graphtec Cutting Plotter controller. WoW seems like a nice tool instead of test cutting every media you run and have to store them and then remember them. Any help would be nice.

PMG

On my Graphtec it is all set by the Cutting Plotter Controller ,,I can set the force, speed and anything else i need from the software. I can even scroll the media from the software.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 77

Matt Cuellar

If I remember correctly, there are a few differences:

1) The Graphtec plotter will do 600g of downforce compared to 400g on the SW brand.

2) The ARMS system is standard on Graphtec where it's an option on the SW model (That's what I've been told, but I'm sure SW can respond if I'm wrong)

3) I also thought there was a difference in warranty structure, but again, I'm sure SW can respond.

In regards to the software, that is a new one on me. Let us know what else you find out. As a Graphtec dealer, I'm very interested! Thanks!

Urq

I just got the Q-75 about two weeks ago with ARMS installed and all I can say is WoW!
I use SignLab so I did not need any other programs the machine cuts real fast and where it really shines is when I cut small stuff.

PMG

I just got the Q-75 about two weeks ago with ARMS installed and all I can say is WoW!
I use SignLab so I did not need any other programs the machine cuts real fast and where it really shines is when I cut small stuff.
What VC is trying to find out is if the Q series comes with the controller or will work with the Graphtec controller so he dont haft to set the pressures and test cuts at the plotter,,he wants a controller like the Graphtecs do ....its all software driven .

signage

If someone doesn't have one to answer this I would call SW and ask them I also know the firmware’s are different not interchangeable.

PMG

If someone doesn't have one to answer this I would call SW and ask them I also know the firmware’s are different not interchangeable.
I think VC did call Sw and they said that the Graphtecs dont run on a controller and that the q series is set up just like the Graphtecs,LOL and you haft to set the pressures at the plotter control panel.

signage

I would assume that SW does know their own equipment! So the answer would be no not the same as Graphtec! Most likely is a firmware differnce!

VinylCraft

I would assume that SW does know their own equipment! So the answer would be no not the same as Graphtec! Most likely is a firmware differnce!

Well i would have thought so too. The head honcho there in cutter tech was no help at all.

JBarraxSW

If I remember correctly, there are a few differences:

1) The Graphtec plotter will do 600g of downforce compared to 400g on the SW brand.

2) The ARMS system is standard on Graphtec where it's an option on the SW model (That's what I've been told, but I'm sure SW can respond if I'm wrong)

3) I also thought there was a difference in warranty structure, but again, I'm sure SW can respond.

In regards to the software, that is a new one on me. Let us know what else you find out. As a Graphtec dealer, I'm very interested! Thanks!
Correct Matt.
The Q series can also be controlled via software using LXi. In the LXi production manager, on the Advanced tab, there is a Cutter Driver Options window. The default mode when you add any plotter setup is for the software to override the settings on the plotter's control panel so you don't have to enter them manually. The default preset in Production Manager is Cut Fast.
You can pick that one and accept those parameters, or adjust them individually. So you can control the force, speed and offset on the Q Series with the control panel (my preference) or using the Cutter Driver Options feature in LXi.
Hope that helps.

VinylCraft

Correct Matt.
The Q series can also be controlled via software using LXi. In the LXi production manager, on the Advanced tab, there is a Cutter Driver Options window. The default mode when you add any plotter setup is for the software to override the settings on the plotter's control panel so you don't have to enter them manually. The default preset in Production Manager is Cut Fast.
You can pick that one and accept those parameters, or adjust them individually. So you can control the force, speed and offset on the Q Series with the control panel (my preference) or using the Cutter Driver Options feature in LXi.
Hope that helps.

Will graphtec cutter plotter controller work on a q100?

JBarraxSW

The Q doesn't come with the Graphtec plug-ins. We use the LXi feature instead. I've not tried to use a Q with the Graphtec plug-ins, so I can't say wether it would work or not.

Generally, we advise people that, if you really want to use Cutting Master to work seamlessly from CorelDRAW or Illustrator, buy a Graphtec. If you don't already know your way around CorelDRAW or Illustrator and want to get a quick start with software that's easy to learn, buy the Q with LXi (or a Graphtec with LXi) and shorten the learning curve.