• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Q42 Vinyl Express Signwarehouse

jbennett

This cutter has a mind of its own! has anyone had problems with the ARMS or contour cut accuracy? This one is so inconsistent that I can't even troubleshoot it. It seems to do something different every time!I do the ARMS sensor test and I get an error every time. I have set the sensing level every way in the world and let it scan even. It has never worked right from the day I bought it, and I just simply reverted back to an older Q100 thjat worked great. It has now went down. I'm changing my business name to Frustrated Incorporated after tonight. Maybe I should shoot for Frustrated L.L.C instead.

P.S.- If you try long enough it will finally sense the marks and cut vinyl, but it is off and I can't get it to work well enough to do a sensor offset adjustment.

jbennett

Bigcat_hunter

This cutter has a mind of its own! has anyone had problems with the ARMS or contour cut accuracy? This one is so inconsistent that I can't even troubleshoot it. It seems to do something different every time!I do the ARMS sensor test and I get an error every time. I have set the sensing level every way in the world and let it scan even. It has never worked right from the day I bought it, and I just simply reverted back to an older Q100 thjat worked great. It has now went down. I'm changing my business name to Frustrated Incorporated after tonight. Maybe I should shoot for Frustrated L.L.C instead.

P.S.- If you try long enough it will finally sense the marks and cut vinyl, but it is off and I can't get it to work well enough to do a sensor offset adjustment.

jbennett

Iv'e been running two machines everyday for two years. Cut probably over a million decals with them. I would buy two more today if I needed them. Maybe you have a lemon? Warranty?

jbennett

Iv'e been running two machines everyday for two years. Cut probably over a million decals with them. I would buy two more today if I needed them. Maybe you have a lemon? Warranty?

Probably ran out already although there is a long history of SW trying to help me getting it to contour cut right. My Q100 that I had used for about 4 years every day reliably got struck by lightning. I replaced it with this Q42. I then quickly realized that the Q100 worked fine as long as I hooked it up via Serial instead of USB. Instead of messing (for lack of a better word) with the Q42 I used the Q100 still. Recently it appears that its roller sensor has gone out, so I have had to revert to the newer Q42. I actually have it working right now after I got soooo frustrated. I reset the machine and went back through everything. Cross your fingers!

Thanks,

jbennett

jbennett

Close to a year later and still hate this Vinyl Express Q42 with a passion. I can't get it to read the first mark about 85% of the time. Once it reads the first mark it never has a problem with any of the others. No big complaints on contour cutting accuracy now. I have darkened reg marks. Tried less light, more light, stood on my head, went to see a fortune teller, and summonsed the pope, and I swear this piece of junk has a mind of its own!! Anyone had these issues? It has been a lemon from day one, and SW will do good to even talk to me about it.

Grrr.

jbennett