Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q42 Vinyl Express Signwarehouse

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by jbennett, Mar 12, 2014.

1. jbennett

jbennett Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Tennessee
    This cutter has a mind of its own! has anyone had problems with the ARMS or contour cut accuracy? This one is so inconsistent that I can't even troubleshoot it. It seems to do something different every time!I do the ARMS sensor test and I get an error every time. I have set the sensing level every way in the world and let it scan even. It has never worked right from the day I bought it, and I just simply reverted back to an older Q100 thjat worked great. It has now went down. I'm changing my business name to Frustrated Incorporated after tonight. Maybe I should shoot for Frustrated L.L.C instead.

P.S.- If you try long enough it will finally sense the marks and cut vinyl, but it is off and I can't get it to work well enough to do a sensor offset adjustment.

jbennett

Tags:
  2. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Member

Dec 15, 2012
    oregon
    Iv'e been running two machines everyday for two years. Cut probably over a million decals with them. I would buy two more today if I needed them. Maybe you have a lemon? Warranty?

3. jbennett

jbennett Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Tennessee
    Probably ran out already although there is a long history of SW trying to help me getting it to contour cut right. My Q100 that I had used for about 4 years every day reliably got struck by lightning. I replaced it with this Q42. I then quickly realized that the Q100 worked fine as long as I hooked it up via Serial instead of USB. Instead of messing (for lack of a better word) with the Q42 I used the Q100 still. Recently it appears that its roller sensor has gone out, so I have had to revert to the newer Q42. I actually have it working right now after I got soooo frustrated. I reset the machine and went back through everything. Cross your fingers!

Thanks,

jbennett

4. jbennett

jbennett Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Tennessee
    Close to a year later and still hate this Vinyl Express Q42 with a passion. I can't get it to read the first mark about 85% of the time. Once it reads the first mark it never has a problem with any of the others. No big complaints on contour cutting accuracy now. I have darkened reg marks. Tried less light, more light, stood on my head, went to see a fortune teller, and summonsed the pope, and I swear this piece of junk has a mind of its own!! Anyone had these issues? It has been a lemon from day one, and SW will do good to even talk to me about it.

Grrr.

jbennett

5. DirtyD

DirtyD Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Indiana
    try updating the firmare