• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Q54 same as FC8000 contour cut issue. Can some one look at their settings?

altereddezignz

Made a lot of tests and here is where i am at.
Non laminated material i can set up to register a 2ft long by 12inch tall name i and it cuts perfect.
Non Laminated materiel i can set up to register a 12x12 inch area full of 1 inch squares and it registers and cuts perfect.

Here is where the issue starts.
Laminated material sometimes it will register and more than less it will not register. Sensor level is 70-90 and that is the default. Have tried all the way from 40 and up in incriments but no luck on it registering better.
The media alignment is perfect from end to end.
Issue 2 had a sheet that was about 6 ft long by 54 inches wide. Had multiply items on it. Set it up and after working with retry for about 30 minutes i go it all to register. Well there is a word that run longways that says CITY OF HOXIE.
It started to cut and cut the ty out of city perfect and then cut the ox out of hoxie. it cut through the bottom of the ox and left all the addition white above the letters for some reason. Trying to figure this out.

Made a lot of tests and here is where i am at.
Non laminated material i can set up to register a 2ft long by 12inch tall name i and it cuts perfect.
Non Laminated materiel i can set up to register a 12x12 inch area full of 1 inch squares and it registers and cuts perfect.

Here is where the issue starts.
Laminated material sometimes it will register and more than less it will not register. Sensor level is 70-90 and that is the default. Have tried all the way from 40 and up in incriments but no luck on it registering better.
The media alignment is perfect from end to end.
Issue 2 had a sheet that was about 6 ft long by 54 inches wide. Had multiply items on it. Set it up and after working with retry for about 30 minutes i go it all to register. Well there is a word that run longways that says CITY OF HOXIE.
It started to cut and cut the ty out of city perfect and then cut the ox out of hoxie. it cut through the bottom of the ox and left all the addition white above the letters for some reason. Trying to figure this out.

Bunch of issues:

1- We always had issues going from lam to nolam and back again and getting it to read all the time. Fix: Lam everything then. Cut a box around the reg marks that gives room all around the box and remove the laminate. Then it's only scanning the vinyl and not through the lam. Then normal settings work. Or cut your lam to fit the artwork but not the reg marks.

2- The length issues could be a couple things. The plotter has a set page length. In settings under substrate there is a page length setting. Set this to the max length. If you push fast it will up the increments it adjust by and you can do it faster.

3- So everything cut fine but the ox it decided to increase force and cut through the backer paper?
4- It didn't cut the rest of the letters probably because of Number 2.

altereddezignz

no not that it cut through the backing. The depth cut fine it skewed off and cut into the printed area of the letters on the bottom but cut way to big on the top of the letters.

1. To me it sounds like a page length issue. Just because it couldn't plot all the way it threw off the programming it sent to the plotter and the cut went off because the plotter didn't know what to do. Because right after the cuts started gettting off it stopped cutting without cutting all of the cuts correct?

Which way are then skewed in relation to the way they were plotted?
Were the letters set up vertical or horizontal to the plotter?
2. If the cuts get worse and worse as you go further from the origin then the tracking of the plotter is off. 6-10 feet is about as long of a run I usually set up. And if it's a bunch of different artwork this could be your problem.

Are the pinch rollers all set to the same down force.

There are a lot of variables that could give you similar results. I think you may be experiencing a combination of both.

altereddezignz

1. To me it sounds like a page length issue. Just because it couldn't plot all the way it threw off the programming it sent to the plotter and the cut went off because the plotter didn't know what to do. Because right after the cuts started gettting off it stopped cutting without cutting all of the cuts correct?

Which way are then skewed in relation to the way they were plotted?
Were the letters set up vertical or horizontal to the plotter?
2. If the cuts get worse and worse as you go further from the origin then the tracking of the plotter is off. 6-10 feet is about as long of a run I usually set up. And if it's a bunch of different artwork this could be your problem.

Are the pinch rollers all set to the same down force.

There are a lot of variables that could give you similar results. I think you may be experiencing a combination of both.

Page length is set way past what the image and print is.
Was skewed to the left of y. so positive y.
vertical.
the media was accurate up to 1/16 of an inch at 20 ft. No this is not the length of the cut but thats what was on the roll of media that had other stuff on it. It was 6 rows of text. nothing hard and file size was rather small.
I cut off the top layer of the lamination around the registration marks and let it re read them and cut perfect.

Ill start from no on by covering the registration marks by a 2" peice of tape then laminating over it. Cutting the tape and pulling that lamination away and only registering on non laminated paper from now on. Less issues..

Snydo

In the ARMS menu verify that PAPER WEIGHT in turned on. It can make a significant difference with some medias and lams.