• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QE60 plotter blade question

tmsigns

Good morning,
I have a QE60+ and I think I need to replace my blade protection strip. I was cutting some decals and on the first one, I noticed that it was not cutting deep enough so I adjusted the blade. It worked fine for a couple more cuts then I had to adjust the blade depth again. Does this sound like the strip needs to be replaced? Also, what is involved in replacing the strip? I looked on youtube hoping there was a video but I didn't find one. Thanks 101.

BobM

I have several Rolands but I think most cutters are the same. Carefully check the strip for any cut marks or rough areas. Replacing it is simply a matter of pulling the old one off, cleaning any glue and pressing a new pressure sensative strip back in the channel. Call the manufacturer's tech service line for detailed advice.

I don't know why you should have to constantly adjust the pressure setting.

How old is the blade. I know when my blades start getting dull the cut depth has to be constantly adjusted. The cut strip will usually cause skips in the cutting when it's bad. The cut strip is very easy to replace.

tmsigns

It is a couple of years old but not really used too much. Maybe has 25 hrs of total cut time. But I did have a reflective vinyl job that I did before this job and I changed the setting on the display screen to increase the force and then changed it back for cutting 651. Maybe that is what caused the problem. I appreciate the responses

BobM

Reflective will dull up a blde pretty quickley, especially if it's a well used blade. I use a seperate blade reserved for reflective.