• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Qe60+ Serial Port

RavenTecGraphics

We've had our Qe60+ for a couple of years now, and the other day a small black piece from inside the usb port broke off. So we bought a serial to usb cable so we could continue to run our machine. But... no matter what port I set it up under, it's not doing anything (and I have reinstalled the driver, and changed the ports in the printer options). Any help will be very much appreciated. Oh yeah, we're running VE LXi 8.6v1 Master Plus

AUTO-FX

I think you have to change the ports under printer and also in production manager. Did you do both?

thewvsignguy

I would say it's in the cable. From past experience running a serial cable to communicate with the cutter, the serial cable needs to be a null? modem cable. We sort of had the same problem with our old lynx. I tried 5 different serial cables but only after using the modem cable the cutter responded to computer commands.