Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Qe60+ Serial Port

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Plotters' started by RavenTecGraphics, Jan 29, 2011.

1. RavenTecGraphics

RavenTecGraphics New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    We've had our Qe60+ for a couple of years now, and the other day a small black piece from inside the usb port broke off. So we bought a serial to usb cable so we could continue to run our machine. But... no matter what port I set it up under, it's not doing anything (and I have reinstalled the driver, and changed the ports in the printer options). Any help will be very much appreciated. Oh yeah, we're running VE LXi 8.6v1 Master Plus

2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I think you have to change the ports under printer and also in production manager. Did you do both?

3. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    I would say it's in the cable. From past experience running a serial cable to communicate with the cutter, the serial cable needs to be a null? modem cable. We sort of had the same problem with our old lynx. I tried 5 different serial cables but only after using the modem cable the cutter responded to computer commands.