• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QR Code in Granite

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
As stated on an earlier post, we're doing a business expo on Saturday and wanted something with a little pizazz to set our business cards on that would leave a leave a lasting impression with potential clients.

Granite tile measures 12" x 12", and the image is sandblast etched into the stone.

Our logo and the facbook logo were stenciled using Hartco 310 (10 mil) and the QR code was stenciled with Ikonics RapidMask (4 mil polymer photoresist).

Give it a few years and you'll probably be seeing QR codes on headstones.

Thanks to 2NinerNiner2 for verifying that my QR code works.

JB

Attachments

• Jim2.jpg
    Jim2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Jarsa2.jpg
    Jarsa2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Locals Find!

As stated on an earlier post, we're doing a business expo on Saturday and wanted something with a little pizazz to set our business cards on that would leave a leave a lasting impression with potential clients.

Granite tile measures 12" x 12", and the image is sandblast etched into the stone.

Our logo and the facbook logo were stenciled using Hartco 310 (10 mil) and the QR code was stenciled with Ikonics RapidMask (4 mil polymer photoresist).

Give it a few years and you'll probably be seeing QR codes on headstones.

Thanks to 2NinerNiner2 for verifying that my QR code works.

JB

How much for a headstone with a QR Code?? I figure I might as well start planning ahead.

James Burke

How much for a headstone with a QR Code?? I figure I might as well start planning ahead.

All depends on what you want.

Check out this link. http://smartmemorials.com/ I have no association with this company, but it looks like they're using QR and Smart Tags on memorial porcelain photo plaques.

Who knows if it will be just a fad, or a lasting thing. My only concern is what happens if and when their company goes belly up. And beyond that, what happens when the code format changes. V-sunk lettering (in stone) has been around for eons and isn't going anywhere soon, so it looks like I'll have job security for as long as I'm around.

I would think that an elegant, durable, yet replaceable (printed vinyl?) tag would be most appropriate for any memorial. With all that said, this could be a new opportunity to expand your product line for those of you who print vinyl.

JB

James Burke

Out of curiosity, I took the granite tile to the local AT&T store this afternoon to see if it worked with a smart phone. Sure enough, the phone locked onto the code instantly and it went right to my link. I had concerns that possible reflection from the stone might impede the phone's abilities.

JB