• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QR Code Verification...Need Assistance

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I saw an earlier post about creating a QR code for my website and I found a code generator that outputs in vector format...very cool with lots of possibilities. The only problem is I don't have one of those fancy gadgets that can read a QR code.

Could someone please read this code and PM me the web link it sends you to so I can verify if it works?

Please...this is not an advertisement, and DO NOT post the link below.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• JCO.jpg
    JCO.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 63

James Burke

Thank you to you both! I'm kinda impressed by this cool new stuff.

I plan to etch this on jet black granite and put it on display in my retailer's showroom.

Jim

CheapVehicleWrap

LOL, I had to find the scanner on my phone. But yea it is pretty cool, now you have me thinking......

I keep the scanner and more importantly the video recorder right at hand. Never know when you need that thang. Also an endless tape recorder you can save the last 3-5 mins.

James Burke

How do you etch may I ask?

The image is burned into photo resist film with UV (similar to making silk screens), applied to the granite and then sandblasted with 180 grit aluminum oxide. When etched, the black granite turns light gray. I'll post photos when it's done.

CheapVehicleWrap

Yeah just wondering how well it will scan. I'd make sure there's a big pad around the QR code. Your way sounds easier than weeding resist... what if you reversed etched it?

James Burke

Yeah just wondering how well it will scan. I'd make sure there's a big pad around the QR code. Your way sounds easier than weeding resist... what if you reversed etched it?

Yep...I plan to make a fairly wide border around it so only the image will scan. Anything smaller than a 3 inch square would be tough to weed.

I mentioned the code generator on a previous link. It allows you to export the code to an .eps file...the sky's the limit.

Here's the link: http://keremerkan.net/qr-code-and-2d-code-generator/

Would a reverse etch work?

JB

CheapVehicleWrap

depending on the granite color it may work better. May as well try both. It would look cooler in reverse if the code was polished granite no? here's the one I use the most. Has tracking too but a bug in the padding (numbers are reversed) no biggie though. http://qrcode.good-survey.com/

James Burke

depending on the granite color it may work better. May as well try both. It would look cooler in reverse if the code was polished granite no? here's the one I use the most. Has tracking too but a bug in the padding (numbers are reversed) no biggie though. http://qrcode.good-survey.com/

The polished granite QR code would look just like a printed piece of paper: the black squares would be masked, the white areas (gray on granite) would get etched.