• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

qr codes tip

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Discovered this after a customer said it did not work....

If you produce a qr code for a customer, make sure that you don't reverse it. In other words, don't print a qr code in white on a black/colored background. You need to draw a box around it in white so the QR code stays correct. Otherwise the colors are all inverted and it won't read correctly

Just a tip for those of you placing qr codes on dark colored signs/banners, etc

I did not know the customer was going to take my file and print it in reverse so a white box was placed behind so that it would come out correctly

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Good tip...it should appear exactly as if it were printed on your desktop printer.

Typically, we all should be working with vectored QR codes which makes editing for various background colors a snap. Most all of the QR code generators have .eps or .pdf output capabilities.

The one place where this gets really tricky is when screen printing or, in my case stone etching on black granite....working with photo positives or negatives can throw you for a loop.

JB

OlsonSigns601

Don't stretch it either.

Had a customer place an order with me but then came in when I wasn't there before we printed it and my guy talked him into printing it on 24" x 18" and stretching it.

So my design was 18" x 18" but for some reason, they both thought it would be okay.

Customer complained to me, good thing he's my most favorite customer or else I'm not sure he would come back.