Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

qr codes tip

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by The Vector Doctor, Jul 5, 2012.

1. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    Discovered this after a customer said it did not work....

If you produce a qr code for a customer, make sure that you don't reverse it. In other words, don't print a qr code in white on a black/colored background. You need to draw a box around it in white so the QR code stays correct. Otherwise the colors are all inverted and it won't read correctly

Just a tip for those of you placing qr codes on dark colored signs/banners, etc

I did not know the customer was going to take my file and print it in reverse so a white box was placed behind so that it would come out correctly

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Good tip...it should appear exactly as if it were printed on your desktop printer.

Typically, we all should be working with vectored QR codes which makes editing for various background colors a snap. Most all of the QR code generators have .eps or .pdf output capabilities.

The one place where this gets really tricky is when screen printing or, in my case stone etching on black granite....working with photo positives or negatives can throw you for a loop.

JB

3. OlsonSigns601

OlsonSigns601 Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Don't stretch it either.

Had a customer place an order with me but then came in when I wasn't there before we printed it and my guy talked him into printing it on 24" x 18" and stretching it.

So my design was 18" x 18" but for some reason, they both thought it would be okay.

Customer complained to me, good thing he's my most favorite customer or else I'm not sure he would come back.

4. FireSprint

FireSprint Very Active Member

Good tips. I guess we have just been lucky so far!