• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

QS2000 vs. ???

iprint

Hello all! This is my first post on the forums but I have lurked a time or two in the past. We are lining up to purchase a QS2000 to replace our outdated 7yr old roll to roll aqueous printers. I am curious to hear from any end users that may have experience with QS printers that would recommend something other than a Vutek that would still be at or under the cost of ownership of a QS2000 but potentially better/faster.

Our price range is under 250k and we have plenty of room for anything on the market concerning floor space. Ability to print white is needed. Leaning towards a hybrid as we regularly do prints over 8' in length and from my research 5'x10' dedicated flatbeds are out of price range unless there is something out there that I have missed.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!

animenick65

The QS2000/3200 is a solid printer. The white (like most printers) will be your enemy. That printer is quite solid though. It takes a beating and just keeps on going.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We upgraded from our PV 200 to a QS a few years ago....easy to maintain. Jets seem easier to replace and maintain the QS as well for a real production environment like ours.

we have 2 qs 2000 and a 3250r as. well as many other production machines... vuteks hands down are the best., they run 24/7 with no issue and any tech support if needed is amazing...

new GS on the way in 2 weeks...

American made machines and the best production workhorses !!!!

cdiesel

Welcome from the west side!

We are also looking at a QS printer. We currently run an HP FB950 that is overworked..

iprint

Thanks for all of the replies and input. We are closer to making our final decision and have added another printer that we are giving serious consideration.
Now looking at the Arizona 550 XT as well. Both seem to have their pluses and minus'. The idea of a dedicated "true" flatbed is enticing, not to mention the high quality prints from the 550. I don't suppose anyone out there has had time on both? Opinions or preference? Roll option worth having on either?
As always, advice and input is greatly appreciated.

ForgeInc

you'll get much better print quality on the 550 I bet, though the vutek may be faster. I'd get roll option,unless you have multiple roll printers already.

Talk to a rep and provide sample files for prints on both machines, make sure you have them list print speeds/quality settings so you are comparing apples to apples.

We were seriously considering adding the 550, though we decided to add another FB700 to our lineup instead.

iprint

I think that you are right about the qs printing faster, but I seem to think that being able to prep and load a 4x8 while another is printing on the 550 xt would bring the numbers a little closer together. A colleague has the 550 xt and said that they realistically get about 300 sq.ft/hr on it in quality mode. I think that I will be demoing the 550 in the next few weeks.