Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quality Processes/Policies

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Centro Graphics, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Centro Graphics

Centro Graphics Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Los Angeles
    We are seeing a upturn in clients asking us what our quality processes and policies are. Most the time, its an eyes on approach with drawings and job sheets checking everything out the door. But would rather have something more professional to present to clients.

What are your quality processes? Do you have a system?

Thanks

Tags:
  2. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    I believe much of it has to do with initiatives such as QS-9001 and the like....which is A LOT of extra work and very costly.

Ever since they started putting inspection tags in packages of undies, it's gotten us all hooked on quality.

If I were you, I'd give them a simple outline of how their projects are checked for quality at each step of the process, and how that information is recorded at your facility.

JB

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    Why are they looking for?
    certifications of your capabilities (color accuracy, sustainable green printing, materials used, etc.)
    or,
    making sure what they order is what they get.
    we have a digital proofing process that the customer has to approve before production will start.
    once the product is made, the approved digital proof is compared to the finished product.
    if all matches, a photo is taken of the completed product for records.

If said customer ordered "color matching" that sample color swatch is also used/compared to the completed product.