Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quarterly Business Taxes...

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by James Burke, Jan 15, 2011.

1. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Ouch, I just $ent them off today. It $eems like a penalty for making money. I gue$$ the only thing wor$e would be not making any money at all.

Tags:
  2. mortil

mortil Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Sweden
    how is the taxes for business over there ?

here in sweden we have 25% VAT on all profit. but you can draw it off the vat you have payed out for new equipment etc.

3. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Typically, we're looking at around 15% for self-employment taxes. That's just on business profits only. Income taxes are another story.

4. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine (who is also self-employed) when I asked him a couple days ago: "so, quarterly taxes are due soon, OUCH, right?" and the gist of his reply was: "Well, you have to actually MAKE money in order to pay taxes, it's a problem I'd welcome" and that brought me down to Earth a bit. Made me glad I actually get paid a good living to do what I love...

5. James Burke

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State

Yep...I've been thinking of that as well.