Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about a setting in Versaworks

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stillhasdust, Aug 19, 2009.

1. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Under cut controls there is an option to offset. I was wondering what that actually does. I have played around with it trying to figure out what it does and I can't figure it out.

Tags:
  2. nbarrett

nbarrett Member

Feb 18, 2008
    It tells Versaworks what offset you have on your blade. If you are getting new blades that are the correct ones then there will be no offset. If you are getting them resharpened then you will have an offset because the center of gravity will have changed and how the cut head drags the blade will be different. The blade works like the front wheels on a grocery cart. The shaft is offset from where the blade actually makes contact with the material. Hope that helps.

3. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Should be .25 for the 45 deg. .50 for the 60 deg.

4. stillhasdust

stillhasdust Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Charlotte
    Thanks for the help guys.

5. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    The "Offset" is the difference between the center of the blade and where the point of the blade is...this is standard at .025 (with the 45degree blade) ...We don't have anyone change this setting (with either 45 or 60 degree) as the cuts will not line up or be completed in other areas.