• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about a setting in Versaworks

stillhasdust

Under cut controls there is an option to offset. I was wondering what that actually does. I have played around with it trying to figure out what it does and I can't figure it out.

nbarrett

It tells Versaworks what offset you have on your blade. If you are getting new blades that are the correct ones then there will be no offset. If you are getting them resharpened then you will have an offset because the center of gravity will have changed and how the cut head drags the blade will be different. The blade works like the front wheels on a grocery cart. The shaft is offset from where the blade actually makes contact with the material. Hope that helps.

The "Offset" is the difference between the center of the blade and where the point of the blade is...this is standard at .025 (with the 45degree blade) ...We don't have anyone change this setting (with either 45 or 60 degree) as the cuts will not line up or be completed in other areas.